Bravo 2 or Bravo 3?

Hello Everybody! I have a problem. I have a 23ft Celebrity that I am repowering with a 454, 340hp and around 450ft lbs of torque. What I want to do with the boat is wake board and wake surf. The boat will weight around 5500lbs. What out drive will get the boat up and on plane the quickest. a Bravo2 or 3? What gear ratio should I shoot for and what type of pitch prop should I start out with? Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!

Bravo 3 is a stump puller, but I'm not sure you need a 3. I think the 3's are much more costly to repair. I'm sure someone here has a better response. If not, I know who to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Bravo 3 is a stump puller, but I'm not sure you need a 3. I think the 3's are much more costly to repair. I'm sure someone here has a better response. If not, I know who to call.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

What drive is currently on the boat?

It was an Alpha gen 1 with a 1.5:1

The bravo one and bravo two are essentially the same thing. The two has a longer vertical shaft and runs the prop deeper in the water than either the one or three. I would not recommend the bravo two.
    Both the bravo one and three are good choices. The three is designed to help large boats get on plane quickly and stay on plane at low speed. You will sacrifice a bit in speed with the three but make up for it in out of the hole acceleration.
    Whichever drive you choose try to get the xr version. They are very durable and if you are shopping for used drives they aren't that much more expensive.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the 3. Have any idea on the ratio?