Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Name:  556642_556862217714907_2030229459_n.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  79.3 KB His wife wanted out first and last ride lol she said, " the boats name should be pure terror" she will watch from the beach from now on she got out and told his mom, "your son is CRAZY" Matt's having so much fun and its brought the family out and together and thats what its all about. Glad your having fun Uncle Matt proud of you.

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by inkedalot View Post
    Name:  556642_556862217714907_2030229459_n.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  79.3 KB His wife wanted out first and last ride lol she said, " the boats name should be pure terror" she will watch from the beach from now on she got out and told his mom, "your son is CRAZY" Matt's having so much fun and its brought the family out and together and thats what its all about. Glad your having fun Uncle Matt proud of you.
    Can be scary but Matt is having the time of his life! Glad it has brought the family together!

Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post

Come on guys. Look at the back of these two boats and tell me they are the same.
    Dead flat cav plate on the parker boat, tunnel/runner with 2 level cav plate assembly on the D&H.
    Lines on the D&H that are so hard you could cut yourself on them, compared to the roundness of the parker boat.
    Virtually no rear deck on the D&H, and the Parker boat has close 18 inches of rear deck
    The D&H has an outboard rudder because it damn near has to, the Parker boat has the rudder under it.

The only thing this boat has with the D&H is the name.
    Hi, I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I was thinking about my grandfather the other day and decided to look up the old boat. It's awesome to see how lovingly Richard restored Mixed Emotions (III) and it brings back some really good memories. The ski boat was built by D&H in the late 60's, I'd always thought 69, but I wasn't born yet so the 68 could be accurate. What I do know as fact is that no, of course this isn't the Blown Gas Step that my grandpa (Ted) raced, but I am pretty sure it IS the motor, de-tuned a bit. Mixed Emotions, the original, was the one that looked like Woodpecker up there, there was a 2nd race boat that was a hydro hull also built by D&H, also Mixed Emotions I believe, that ran in the 160's but wasn't competitive by the late 60's when Pop had the boat built. To the very best of my knowledge the ski boat was a one off by D&H. You will have to remember that the angular drag boat from D&H was at least 8 years older of a design than the ski boat as Pop's first NDBA world record was in '61. It's cool to know that people still remember my grand parents and the boats that my Uncle Henry (the H of D&H) built, raced and enjoyed.

I know it has been a long time but to clarify things I am the owner of the flat bottom Mixed Emotion I bought it from Ted and personly new him very well this boat was his ski boat named Mixed Emotions not his race boat. Both boats were D and H

Quote Originally Posted by richardkane@att.net View Post
    I know it has been a long time but to clarify things I am the owner of the flat bottom Mixed Emotion I bought it from Ted and personly new him very well this boat was his ski boat named Mixed Emotions not his race boat. Both boats were D and H
    Welcome to www.hotboat.com for some reason I didn't realize its been 4-5 years since I started covering this show. I think I missed a year recently, but pretty much been there since day one.

Beautiful boat you have there, and once again welcome!!