Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimarco cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    The surfers first car was 1965 , GBP was 63 before the Xmas tree look at the age difference of the cars in the photos . The first car to run that scoop was Tony Nancys 22 jr rail built in 63 ,Steve Swaja designed that scoop when the Surfers were in high school .
    Your right, Tony was the first one to use it now that you mention it. You could be right about the GBP car having it first. The Surfers was the first car I remember it on, but that may because I followed them closer than the GBP car.
    The Surfers actually come on the scene in 64 without Sorokin. They didn't accomplish much until he came onboard in 65.
    But you're certainly right about T Nancy having before anybody else I can remember.

63 the fuel ban was still in effect and flag man starts .... Amazing how things have changed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    63 the fuel ban was still in effect and flag man starts .... Amazing how things have changed .
    The tree was actually used at the 63 Nationals in Indy. 64 at the Winternationals in Pomona. Then the tree lost 2 of the 5 amber bulbs. Pro starts went from a single amber at the bottom to all 3 lighting.
    The nitro ban had little effect from my standpoint. I was a stones throw from Lions, and they ignored the ban all the time. They even ran a nitro event at the same weekend as the Nationals one year, and pissed the NHRA of something fierce. They were always pissing the NHRA off one way or another.
    Last edited by gn7; 03-24-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Thanks for the history lesson gents!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharp shooter View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think Hondo first initiated that style of scoop. I've always liked them.
    Not close Bob Warren was making them as early as 58 to 60 I have one of the original on my Hurricane flat .They where. Done in a 2 piece wood mold then and then glassed together and finished to match I worked with Bob Warren here for 15 years and obtained the current scoop from him. They where a lot of different versions just like the bucket seats still around they where made from a oil barrel cut down and formed into seat Thanks Wild Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Not close Bob Warren was making them as early as 58 to 60 I have one of the original on my Hurricane flat .They where. Done in a 2 piece wood mold then and then glassed together and finished to match I worked with Bob Warren here for 15 years and obtained the current scoop from him. They where a lot of different versions just like the bucket seats still around they where made from a oil barrel cut down and formed into seat Thanks Wild Bill
    he must have sold about 4 of them. Can't say I ever remember seeing one prior to Panic Mouse on a boat.

My guess is that Scott had a jump on them all when they were casting them in aluminum. Who built the first glass one is anybody's guess.
    Last edited by gn7; 03-24-2014 at 07:38 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    Needed one of these so I whipped one up real quick.
    Name:  PUMP BLOCK.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  77.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    sweet nice to have skill
    ARNG SPC
    Los Alamitos JFTB

gn7 there where more than 4 They started out on customs Bob was building in North Hollywood at the time if memory serves me right the design was aircraft inspired because of the heavy influence around L.A Westernareo some nice pieces there Wild Bill Sparks Nv.

Already miss the 310/562 2manymustangs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Is that a blingy thing to hang on a silver chain around your neck?
    -In a Republic, the sovereignty resides with the people themselves. In a Republic, the government is a servant of the people, and obliged to its owner, We the People..

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." John Adams