Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boat input wanted

If you were to build or design a new boat , what would you want it to have. Bare in mind it has to work and be functional but be creative. Also what do you expect from the builder of said boat IE: warranty, service etc. I would like to hear what everyone has to say good, bad or otherwise. Thanks in advance for your participation.

West coast flavored center console.

For me it would be a 27-28' cat deck boat much like the DCB F30 powered by outboards. My differences only being the length and it would have a walk up swim step in the center of transom.
    As for warranty and service, 2 year warranty and do first required maintenance free, then offer a preferred rate for future service or mechanical issues. Reason for 2 year warranty is because of seasonal boating, in other words most people only get a half years use in 1 year.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    West coast flavored center console.
    Do you prefer right or left hand drive?

Quote Originally Posted by icb1 View Post
    Do you prefer right or left hand drive?
    In my very limited experience, it doesn't really matter to me.

GRADS
    First of all let me say that opinions in NorCal definitely differ from those in SoCal/Havasu. You see very few deck boats up here, I think mostly because not many people beach their boats like at the Havasu channel. Also, open bow boats are not as popular probably for the same reason. Why would you have an open bow in a boat that does over 70 m.p.h.? IMO it's not really that safe to have people riding in them at those speeds, plus closed bows make for good dance floors/tanning areas. As far as what side the steering wheel is on, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I am throttling with my right hand.

Dcb f32

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    First of all let me say that opinions in NorCal definitely differ from those in SoCal/Havasu. You see very few deck boats up here, I think mostly because not many people beach their boats like at the Havasu channel. Also, open bow boats are not as popular probably for the same reason. Why would you have an open bow in a boat that does over 70 m.p.h.? IMO it's not really that safe to have people riding in them at those speeds, plus closed bows make for good dance floors/tanning areas. As far as what side the steering wheel is on, it doesn't really matter to me as long as I am throttling with my right hand.
    I agree pretty much with you, closed bow boats on anchor/ moring waters.. plus the closed bow lets you start boating earlier... and go longer into fall.

riding in open bow/deck boats is like riding in the back of a truck....that's why I designed the second helm.for cheetah to offer a wind block for me when riding in the wifes wild cat

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Awesome boat! I would also consider an M31 and 28 Speedster if I was looking. What I really like about the F32 is the space in between the canopies for getting up on the deck. Idk how I would like having to step over the windshields on the 31/28 but I'd have to look at them in person. A huge plus to the windshield is the person sitting in the back seat(in the middle) doesn't take a beating from the wind lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On my F32, DCB actually fabricated a removable center windshield that sits between the canopies that is very effective for rear seat wind deflection. Also can be removed in moments.

I would want a build in Honda 2000 Generator vented out the back and tapped into the fuel line so I can run a BIG ASS stereo system!
    In regards to a boat, I like the 32ft Advantage Victory open bow.