Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    [QUOTE=Menace Marine;39027]Full hydraulic steering. Nothing makes a nice boat feel old and tired like loose steering. Every boat should be full hydraulic.
    Well designed storage is better than lots of storage.
    Quality interior. Cheap foam and vinyl don't belong in any boat over 20 grand.
    Simplicity doesn't mean cheap. A lot of expensive crap bolted to the boat does not make it look valuable. Clean lines, and good rigging are timeless value adding qualities.[/QUO

Full hydraulic steering is definitely the way to go. I also believe simple and clean go a long way. Whats your idea of well designed storage?

Big deep compartments don't do any good if you can't get to what's in back. I hate having stuff on my boat so I know I am a bit of a minority but I alway laugh when boats come into the shop and I have to empty a storage compartment. I find stuff I know the owner forgot he had. I really don't know the best layout for storage but I know what I don't like. It is a pain to have four people standing up because the fenders are under their seat.

And separate drains for ski lockers and storage that is not connected to the bilge under the motor. Eventually there will be oil of some sort in the bilge and it makes a huge mess if it gets to the carpeted storage or ski lockers

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    Also on your boat it's much easier to get back into it, if out on the lake and taking a dip, with the rear transom and swim steps! I have no idea how to get back into an M31/35 with the way the rear transoms are designed! I love the boats though, just difficult to get in/out of while out in the water lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no problem getting back in a M-31 thru transom and same with windshield, done it a lot and I'm 58. But not so kind for some folks, I understand your point. I like the way MTI does their transom on some of their's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Something easy to maintain. Wish list for next boat:

- The ease of cleaning a pontoon
    - The power to take kids wakeboarding and tubing
    - The ease of cleaning the engine when in salt water (cruising Huntington Harbor - So outboard?)

Do I want a toon for cruising or do I want a ski boat for teaching my kids? This is why I'm at a stalemate with my wallet.
    Sounds like you need twin 300's on a Tri-Toon,,,,,LOL

Prefectly happy the way our Tri-Toon is layed out. I would like to have twin O/B's on the back. I'm done with glass boats.

Coolers are also very necessary to be kept in boat for that I have to recommend the NorChill cooler brand as I have tried a few of the other soft coolers but have to recommend this. They run specials on their website www.norchillcoolers.com all the time. They just seem to hold up better than the cheap ones from some of the retail stores. Get what you pay for!