Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey 314 joey

WMC

Hey 314 joey

Are you going to get hit by the storm coming your way?

sent from WMC's phone
    Last edited by WMC; 10-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.

No, it's heading North to Alabama, even if it did, we ain't skerd, we bought a hurricane built house, it a concrete house, has a tile roof, electric hurricane shutters and the house has hurricane straps in the attic, now nothing is 100% hurricane proof, but I had a wind mitigation report done on the house before we bought it and it has a A+ rating.

Here's some pics of the electric shutters, they take about thirty second to close, they are cool.

I took a few pics of them partly down so you could get an idea what they look like and there's one pic with them up, it's hard to tell that they're even there when they're not down and one of the front door.

But, thanks for asking, Jim (aka joey)

Hey Jim,
    In the off chance a Hurricane hits your area, what would you do with your boat?
    Trailer in the driveway or leave it where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Hey Jim,
    In the off chance a Hurricane hits your area, what would you do with your boat?
    Trailer in the driveway or leave it where it is?
    If I didn't have time to have someone come get it, I don't own a trailer for that heavy sucker, I would just tie it down, take the canopy cover off and get out my boat insurance policy if there was a problem, the one good thing about my dock, I had them install 10" poles for the lift, makes it that much sturdier.

Most of the damage comes from flying debris from the high winds.

OIC, that makes sense!

Wendi
    Very cool I'm glad your house is hurricane proof! I've been through one hurricane and it was pretty scary.

Hurricane proof, very nice.

WESTERNAERO
    Do you have those roll-ups all the way around the house or just on the front and back. If a side window gets broken by flying debris wouldn't the wind pressure entering the house blow those roll-ups out and off?

WESTERNAERO
    I'm looking at the pics again and it looks like the roll-ups are not solid and allow air to flow through them. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Do you have those roll-ups all the way around the house or just on the front and back. If a side window gets broken by flying debris wouldn't the wind pressure entering the house blow those roll-ups out and off?
    We've got them on every window, I only took pics of the front and back, the grass was wet from the sprinklers this morning and didn't want to get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    I'm looking at the pics again and it looks like the roll-ups are not solid and allow air to flow through them. Is that correct?
    Actually those spaces you see all close up when they're all the way down, that's what allows them to roll up into the boxes, it's a very neat system, just hit the switch inside the house and wait thirty seconds, get in the car with a few days clothes and drive North for a three day vacation until it's over and hope for the best.