Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GRADS

This email rubbed me the wrong way.

I received an email at 2 a.m. this morning from "someone" interested in my boat. I recognized the name of "someone" as being a boat broker in Havasu. Why give me a bullshit story about how your wife has to have an open bow if you are just going to resell it? And then to say my boat isn't user friendly because it's not an open bow? A lot of people especially in NoRCal want closed bow boats. This is the same guy that pissed off a bunch of people on another website.

Here is the email....

"So what are you willing to take for the boat? Ive seen it listed up forever, I like the colors but I have to have an open bow, the wife wont let me have a closed bow. The boat is just not user friendly. Ive spoken with Bob at shockwave and they want $7k to update/convert it to an open bow. So that would put me at an offer of around $32-33k cash so I'd be at $40k when all is said and done. Otherwise, lets face it, its winter time and you'll be sititng on it all winter again, and it still may not sell after that because not many prople want to deal with converting a boat to open bow."

That's exactly why I hate selling anything. It doesn't matter what it is, people will try to screw you out of every last penny. On the other hand, they may also be saving you from owning it forever. So I try to ignore their comments and skip to the chase, am I willing to let it go for that # or not? Simple. If you are, sell the A hole your boat. If you're not, tell the A hole to pound sand

If it's not what I'm looking for as a buyer, I wouldn't contact the seller at all. I'd take this email as a half-n-insult and tell the emailer there's a big bag of dicks coming his way for him to snack on while he boat shops!

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpy View Post
    tell the emailer there's a big bag of dicks coming his way for him to snack on while he boat shops!
    I'm sure some of the Havasu people on here know him. Maybe I could have them hand deliver to this guy.

Fuck him Grads...your boat is one of the most pristine boats for sale I have ever seen!

Carbon aka Stainless
    CH3NO2

I hate when people try to justify their offer. Like I care what they need to do to make it their own. I'd have more respect if they just throw out the number. It's not my problem it's not exactly what they are looking for.

Ask him how much a divorce would cost? Then he'd be able to get your closed bow and not have to give Shockwave any money have it converted to open bow.

Why not make it an open bow for him DIY??

heres my take here, you advertised to get some one interested in buying you boat,

do you really care what they want it for???

you have someone offering 33k... thats a lot of money,,, may be not enough...

but it is an offer,,

just tell him what you have to have for or you will just keep it..

did you get a lot of higher cash offers???

GRADS
    I was going to respond and say that his wife told me that she liked the bed in my CLOSED bow.