Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GRADS
    Who knows if this guy is even married??? He's a low baller boat broker out of Havasu....and he should of been honest and said that. Why make up some bullshit story? He was trying to sell a DCB on RDP and threatened to kick everyone ass that said he was shady.

I have no dog in this fight but I negotiate for a living. One principal that has lasted through the ages and always proved true is this:

"Who ever is the least motivated to do the deal, will always win the negotiation."
    The best things in life aren't things!

I guess I've sold so much stuff in my life this kind of stuff just rolls off me, something similar happened to me and I tell the guy, "this is what I'm selling and at this price, your loss"
    guys like that aren't worth your time to get upset, blow it off.

Grads tell him

It's obvious my boat is out of your league. Good luck on your search! It's going to be tough finding a boat as nice as mine in your price range. Happy hunting!

Sent from my Bat Cave

I just went through having my boat up for sale and people were offering 2k less than asking without even coming to see it. Once they'd get here I know they'd offer even less. I didn't HAVE to sell it and have too much blood and sweat in it to give it away.

Doc and Steve have it right.....any time you allow emotion to affect you in a negotiation you have already lost.

1. Almost nothing is actually worth what a seller thinks he wants to get
    2. Almost nothing is priced where a buyer thinks they should pay

The key to any and every successful negotiation is to find a place where both parties can agree and walk away think they got what they wanted.....or at least are willing to pay.

If you know for sure this guy is a "douche" then take the emotion out and know what you're dealing with; either respond unemotionally with your number or move on......anything else is just a waste of your time/life/bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Doc and Steve have it right.....any time you allow emotion to affect you in a negotiation you have already lost.

The key to any and every successful negotiation is to find a place where both parties can agree and walk away think they got what they wanted.....or at least are willing to pay.

If you know for sure this guy is a "douche" then take the emotion out and know what you're dealing with; either respond unemotionally with your number or move on......anything else is just a waste of your time/life/bandwidth.
    Bingo. Don't let your emotions get in the way of sound business decisions. Remove the emotion and you'll see these things for what they really are, a business transaction.

Banned
    If i'm selling something on Criags List i put.
    Bla bla bla for sale $0000.00 or OBO in my favor.
    Low Ballers need not call.

It's been work for me and i've been getting what i was asking for and at times a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post

There's nothing wrong with emotions

Sent from my Bat Cave

This email rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    There's nothing wrong with emotions

Sent from my Bat Cave
    Women......sheeezzz!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Livin' the Dream

I can find you a place like this in Havasu Too
    paul@ownhavasu.com
    www.ownhavasu.com