Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GRADS
    I've turned down 2 offers of 39K cash. I don't have to sell it. I really want a Daytona but if I have to drive this turn key boat another summer it's not the end of the world.

Re: This email rubbed me the wrong way.

Quick and simple....

Tell him your not interested in selling the boat at the price point he offered....

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pass.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I've turned down 2 offers of 39K cash. I don't have to sell it. I really want a Daytona but if I have to drive this turn key boat another summer it's not the end of the world.
    thas the exact reply I would give him....

Someone rubbed you the wrong way? Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    I was going to respond and say that his wife told me that she liked the bed in my condo.
    fixed it

I deal with people like that all the time and its insulting at best. They are pulling dick moves like that hoping someone will fall prey to there tactics just so they can score a deal. What they dont realize is that they are screwing up this industry by driving prices down while costs go up. Its reasonable to negociate with someone but dont have to be an a.. Hole about it, im sure shockwave will be happy to build him an openbow but they dont want to pay for it.......
    Good luck with the sale.....and your right people do want closed bows i get inquiries all the time.

I just laugh and move on with my day. It's the nature of the game when selling stuff. I'm sure you try and get a good deal when you are buying.
    Don't sweat the "Petty", Pet the Sweaty!

So Cal Speed & Marine 32287 CASTAIC ROAD Castaic, CA 91384
    Phone: 661-702-0915 Mobile: 661-644-3177

BEAR TRAILERSPORTS 21720 Marilla Street ,Suite A
    Chatsworth, CA 91311 Phone: 818-727-1585

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    Quick and simple....

Tell him your not interested in selling the boat at the price point he offered....

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to pass.
    I think delete is even quicker and simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    I think delete is even quicker and simpler.
    Or he can send him a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I hate when people try to justify their offer. Like I care what they need to do to make it their own. I'd have more respect if they just throw out the number. It's not my problem it's not exactly what they are looking for.
    Bingo!

Grads,

When I sold my truck I had 4-5 guys tell me they wanted a 4x4 and that my truck wasn't worth what I was asking. I told them all the same thing, "Anything else or are you done wasting my time now?". I ended up selling it for list price to the first guy that actually CAME to look at it. I don't take phone, email or text offers serious.

It really just comes down to how bad you want to sell something. Your boat is clean and worth just a much to the guy who wants a closed bow over open. I drove over 1000 miles because I don't like open bow boats and couldn't fine a closed anywhere closer to me for the price. It too was for sale for a while (I think about a year) and that guy wasn't budging on price much either because he believed in what it's worth. I think your Shockwave is reasonably priced! Fuck that guy and his "picky wife".