Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    What about Brown? He was there when I first joined in '04.

Too bad you weren't around when Brown came to town.

Attachment 28327
    Brown and Hanson lol .......

Good stuff Wheeler ! Is Skyskier in town ? You figure out how to fire up the old V90 modem !

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Good stuff Wheeler ! Is Skyskier in town ? You figure out how to fire up the old V90 modem !
    He's not back as of yet. Maybe we can get Tom Brown to answer your questions about your old system.

Maybe Paul 65 would know, he seems pretty sharp and local.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    He's not back as of yet. Maybe we can get Tom Brown to answer your questions about your old system.

Maybe Paul 65 would know, he seems pretty sharp and local.
    Good thinking Wheeler the pre flynt / flynt stuff modem is 56k - V 90 dial up but the really cool stuff is Usenet Dos Format that was the beginning as a for free then a pay site it was just a page . It took hours to load up the single page everynite and that modem is a real dinosaur ...

Good thinking Wheeler the pre flynt / flynt stuff modem is 56k - V 90 dial up but the really cool stuff is Usenet Dos Format that was the beginning as a for free then a pay site it was just a page . It took hours to load up the single page everynite and that modem is a real dinosaur ...
    Now I'm feeling old. I remember BBS sites back when everything was dos based and 56k modems hadn't even been dreamed up yet. I think I still have some really old 1200 modems laying around if you need them.

Edit: BTW what plane has a counter rotating single radial?

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Now I'm feeling old. I remember BBS sites back when everything was dos based and 56k modems hadn't even been dreamed up yet. I think I still have some really old 1200 modems laying around if you need them.

Edit: BTW what plane has a counter rotating single radial?
    I no im old lol.thank you for the offer , Not 100 percent sure whats needed short of putting a system together to view whats arcived originally using Doss format .

I no im old lol.thank you for the offer , Not 100 percent sure whats needed short of putting a system together to view whats arcived originally using Doss format .
    Why would you need to build a new system? Every Winblows machine is dos based. Just go to the command prompt in accessories. Enter your DOS commands and give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by SnoC653 View Post
    Why would you need to build a new system? Every Winblows machine is dos based. Just go to the command prompt in accessories. Enter your DOS commands and give it a whirl.
    Sorry for my lack of info. I do not have a windows machine any more that I could put the modems in. I use Apple stuff now but you answered my question as to could I put those old modems in any windows system and have them work . I just want to access Hot Boat files . Thanks !!

Wheeler I went by your job last nite saw some buckets and metal out , that scaffolding has worked out perfect ...