Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul65k Flyby

Quote Originally Posted by Paul65K View Post
    Damn!!! That's a LOT of Props.

I've got a 24 and 26 4 Blade Cleaver.....looks kind of like the ones on the center row!!
    These range from 28-32 pitch and all labbed except the Hills that are shiny in the center row. The 4 blade ET style run good. The 3 blade cleavers are the most fun if the waters not rough, if that happens the Bravo '1s go on. Have you seen the new prop from Mercury Racing called the Pro-Max, it seems tailor made for your setup if your into trying to get a little more out of it? Lakeland used to Demo Mercury props when Lew was there, IDK if anyone else demos in Havasu.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    For sure, and I'll bring the 1.62.
    Here's a few props in my stable;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Do you have a labbed 32 B1 RH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Do you have a labbed 32 B1 RH?
    Sorry, those are 30's with vent holes, your welcome to try if thats what your asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Sorry, those are 30's with vent holes, your welcome to try if thats what your asking.
    Ok no problem, thank you, too small

Boat looks great Paul!

I was doing about 75 MPH right there............I didn't really have it trimmed as well as I could have as I had the plates down about 3/4 so still about 3-4 MPH with this set-up. I need to get to the rev limiter with this prop before I start thinking about a different gearcase but................at least I'll have something to look forward to

Good news is that I made it all the way from site 6 to Pirates and back on 14GA of gas, including running flat out probably 20 - 25% of the time
    I'm thinking if you put a surface piercing prop and a lower unit with a low water pick up, you would gain 1000rpms at least. I prefer a torquemaster with a Bob's cone over a sportmaster. It's a faster set up, at least on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    I'm thinking if you put a surface piercing prop and a lower unit with a low water pick up, you would gain 1000rpms at least. I prefer a torquemaster with a Bob's cone over a sportmaster. It's a faster set up, at least on my boat.
    Good point Wicky, and it would be more reliable than a 3.0 SM.

If you do go the nose cone route Paul, make sure to glass the nose cone on. Most will bondo it on and that will most certainly lead to cracking down the road.
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...pair-101/page2
    Last edited by Wicky; 09-24-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Mine had a 2 year warranty and it expired in March......I have the TorqueMaster lower unit which explains the gear ratio.....hopefully it's a little more stout.

I'll definitely hit you up if anything happens
    I put the TorqueMaster on this Boat for reliability and for playing and not so much as setting it up for all out top speed.

80 is probably pushing the envelope for this hull anyway, anymore it will Hull and might start having some weird handling issues.

I wish I had some pictures of the Boat out in the Ocean getting major air, (the passenger said they would never get in that boat again haha ) someday Paul you'll have to bring back to Ca and splash it, I'll take the pics.
    21' RC
    28' Magic Deck
    36' Concept
    19' 1966 "Wood Deck" Sanger

Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    I put the TorqueMaster on this Boat for reliability and for playing and not so much as setting it up for all out top speed.

80 is probably pushing the envelope for this hull anyway, anymore it will Hull and might start having some weird handling issues.

I wish I had some pictures of the Boat out in the Ocean getting major air, (the passenger said they would never get in that boat again haha ) someday Paul you'll have to bring back to Ca and splash it, I'll take the pics.
    I'm with you man.....Reliability is way more important to me than flat out speed

I also agree with the 80MPH#.......I wasn't too far from that the other day and I was at my limit and the boat was certainly starting to turn itself into an airfoil........and at least hit the drivers limit. All I know is that my wife would have been beating the shit out of me if she had been in the boat when I was airing it out like that.......I wouldn't have stopped but she would have been thumping on me nonetheless

Well.....if I ever do get it to CA I'll give you a jingle.....on the other hand if you get to Havasu you'll have to show me how you drive it