Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vehicle washing

vehicle washing

When I was young my dad would always make me wash his cars. He never really showed me any particular way he just threw dish soap, a sponge, and a bucket at me and said get it clean!

For years I did from the top down and whatever I missed my dad would make me do it over and over till I got it right (to him).

One day I'm out washing his new monte carlo and the neighbor across the street walks over and says "hey dumb ass! What are you doing?" I said washing the car! And as I turned away under my breath I said "duh" lol. He smacks me in the back of the head and says "ur doin it wrong dumbass!" and I'm like.... its just soap and water old man. He says yeah but ur scratchin the paint. He begins to explain that if u start from the top all the dirty gunk flows down and as u continue to wash your just beating the paint with dirty grimy water. Never really thought about that when I was 12. Lol. To this day whenever I wash a vehicle its from the bottom up.

How about anyone else? How do u wash ur vehicles? If u have them done do them wash from the top down or bottom up?

He was absolutely correct, about the washing part 😁 I took one of my trucks to a charity car wash years ago and they started drying it with a squeegee. Wtf!! I burned rubber out if there 😜

GRADS
    I've always done top down, I don't agree. I would think if you wash from the bottom up you're going to be running around the whole car washing soap off as you go higher.

Just get out there and wash the damn car you lazy ass..........
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement:

Use Dawn and wash it from the top down and dry it with some old bath towels, turns out great.

Solution: don't keep them more than 2 years and you won't have to worry about top down bottoms up 😎

GRADS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Solution: don't keep them more than 2 years and you won't have to worry about top down bottoms up ��
    Or as you know buy Mercedes....the dealership washes it for free whenever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Or as you know buy Mercedes....the dealership washes it for free whenever you want.
    Yup wife's loves that deal. When we're home 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    He was absolutely correct, about the washing part �� I took one of my trucks to a charity car wash years ago and they started drying it with a squeegee. Wtf!! I burned rubber out if there ��
    That's hilarious!

35+ yrs in the car biz taught me a few things.
    Honestly, the best way to wash a car is in the rain. My havasu neighbors get a kick out of it when I've done it. Use my hand instead of any towels or sponges.
    Total soft water drying, completely spotless without lifting a finger to do it.
    I love my wife, my wife loves me.:encouragement: