Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hostess is back (better or worse)

Hostess was shut down for almost a year and I've always loved them bad boys, now there back and I've gotten a couple of boxes of them and they don't seem as good, how about anybody else, has anyone bought any since they've opened back up.

Yeah I've bought a box or two. Wish they would make Ding Dongs again. Throw them in the freezer for a nice snack.

Re: Hostess is back (better or worse)

Taste different because its no more than a year old.

Sent from my hemDROID

Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    Taste different because its no more than a year old.

Sent from my hemDROID
    Rotflmao, good one Cig!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    CH3NO2

I sure miss home pride butter top wheat bread. I though someone else was going to take over the bread brands but haven't seen or heard of anything yet.

I walk by twinkies in the grocery store and want to buy a box soo bad! I wish they would have stayed out of business for the sake of my diet, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    I sure miss home pride butter top wheat bread. I though someone else was going to take over the bread brands but haven't seen or heard of anything yet.
    Without boring everyone....If a brand didn't produce roughly 60k units in a week per region you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. I personally loved home pride butter top but I don't think the market share was strong enough for someone to pick it up.

With this hostess stuff...I've had a "new" twinkie. Just based on my personal perspective of flavor....there's less sweet, less salt and less fat....yes, it taste different.

So now it tastes like the messican brand that put em out of business? Interesting to see how that will work out!

Tapatalk 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    So now it tastes like the messican brand that put em out of business? Interesting to see how that will work out!

Tapatalk 4.0
    Is that what it tastes like? Never had the messican brand to compare.

And Cig's comment was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Napanutt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigalert View Post
    Without boring everyone....If a brand didn't produce roughly 60k units in a week per region you can pretty much kiss it goodbye. I personally loved home pride butter top but I don't think the market share was strong enough for someone to pick it up.

With this hostess stuff...I've had a "new" twinkie. Just based on my personal perspective of flavor....there's less sweet, less salt and less fat....yes, it taste different.
    Good News for you Home Pride Butter Top Bread Fans!!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/09/...ng-to-shelves/
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    "I Love Haters" - Its not a frame of mind for us...IT'S A LIFE STYLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
    God himself owns a twin turbo Schiada V-Drive.