Thread: Lake Pleasant?

Lake Pleasant?

My daughter intends on going there this weekend with classmates from ASU. Anything different there than Havasu or the river that I should be concerned about? She's grown up on the river and maybe I'm just worried about her doing this without us.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    My daughter intends on going there this weekend with classmates from ASU. Anything different there than Havasu or the river that I should be concerned about? She's grown up on the river and maybe I'm just worried about her doing this without us.
    Thank you
    Yea, tell her not to venture into T&A cove.(tits&ass)
    Seriously, its much like Havasu, can be very crowded do to being the most popular lake in Phoenix. LE is hell on people leaving the lake on the road out if they have been drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Yea, tell her not to venture into T&A cove.(tits&ass)
    Seriously, its much like Havasu, can be very crowded do to being the most popular lake in Phoenix. LE is hell on people leaving the lake on the road out if they have been drinking.
    Thank you. I'm hoping she keeps her head on straight and doesn't get in a car or boat if someone's been drinking.

Wendi

Lake Pleasant?

I remember the first time My son went boating without us I was nervous. And Actually his friends with boats are responsible and I feel very safe now!! I guess all the years boating with us taught them well.

Lake Pleasant?

Hey Joker, sounds like your daughter is adjusting well to life away from home and ASU. Hope mom and dad are as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Hey Joker, sounds like your daughter is adjusting well to life away from home and ASU. Hope mom and dad are as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    You know, we thought she would be homesick, sitting in her dorm doing nothing to meet people. The complete opposite has happened and I've never seen her as happy as she is now. Going from a performing arts high school where she had very few friends, she's definitely making up for lost time and adjusting well.
    As for us, we are doing great knowing that she is finally having fun and enjoying this opportunity.

There is an invisible man eating giant squid in the lake. But since she is not a man she should be safe.
    “Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― Bluto' Blutarsky in "Animal House"

Quote Originally Posted by AZKC View Post
    There is an invisible man eating giant squid in the lake. But since she is not a man she should be safe.
    That is the best piece of advice ever.

Thank god that my Daughter is grown, not that you ever quit worrying about them, but I lost a lot of sleep back then, the good thing is 99.9% of the time there's no problem, I;m sure she's got her stuff together.