Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Lets talk oil filters

This should be interesting...
    Last edited by HB Vic; 09-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

WESTERNAERO
    Amsoil makes a filter? Did not know that.

So heres the filter manufactures break down. Pick em anyway you like.

Fram, Champion Labs, and Luberfiner are all owned by Rank Group out of New Zealand. The number of companies Rank Group owns would blow your mind, including Autolite, Airtex fuel pumps, Prestone, and Wells auto electronics.
    Champion Labs make K&N, Mobil 1, some Amsoil, Moroso, Jomar, Bosch, Royal Purple, AC Delco, Wally Worlds Super Tech, and a dozen or so generic name econo filters.
    AC Delco, Bosch, Super Tech, K&N Black "Pro" and ""commercial" professional express oil change outlet filters are all made off Champion's E Core line and they MAY be the worse filter out there. Even worse than Fram orange can if that's possible.
    K&N white hi po, Mobil 1, Amsoil, Royal Purple, Moroso, Jomar are made on a different line and are damn good filters. FOR NOW! Hard to say if "Fram" will cheapen up the line, or if FRAM will get better from the purchase of Champion.

Baldwin, Hastings and Purolator. All owned by Clarcor, who's largest stock holder is Mann+Hummel of Germany.
    Baldwin ONLY makes top line filters. No junk, and some newer synthetic filters for extended use that are pretty damn good. Hastings is a pretty decent filter and the company caters to fleets and commercial use. Purolater's Pure One is a pretty good filter, and they make Motorcrafts. Other Purolators can be iffy. They are beginning to cheapen the lower line, which is becoming more and more common. Stick with the Pure One or Motorcraft if you are going to run Purolator.

Wix is 100% American owed. They make NAPA and CARQUEST. NO JUNK!

Lets talk oil filters

Bob's got a captive audience, he's on a roll now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    CH3NO2

Amsoil SELLS an oil filter with their name on it they don't make it. It can be made my either Champion Lab, or Wix depending on which filter it is. All of Amsoil's filter are good, some are even better. Their EaO line of filters is a extended use, long drain interval filter and as good as they get. Not the best performance filter due to its flow rate, but it is a great filter for your daily driver. The Royal Purple filter is very similar and made by the same company.

Lets talk oil filters

Back open

GN7 you mentioned a little about green oil whats your thought on Brad Penn HP oil ?

[QUOTE=gn7;32535]Never ran a Fram, and never paid 20.00 for a filter. Even if every filter on the market was 25.00, I still wouldn't run a Fram. And I run two filters as well. I guess the idea of not having a filter and engine failure is worth more than that to me.
    Hey, at least you didn't go with the short, tiniest filter Fram makes. The PH3592(PH35) is a little smaller, and only belongs a Vega.
    Never let anybody ever tell you a larger filter will flow more oil. That's total bullshit. They all flow the same.

Same thing happen to us with a FRAM, I use WIX racing and had never had a problem in the K-boat

I use WIX in the cracker and my schiada