Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

The only Optimas I have ever used are the Red because the only thing it has to do is start the engine. The blues are probably better suited to starting and extended use like a stereo. Never found a reason to use the yellows. Don't know anybody that has.

I'd use the Odyssey, but I like the relationship we have with the Interstate dealer, and he has always taken great care of us.
    Last edited by gn7; 09-18-2013 at 07:55 AM.

I've run the Diehard batteries for the last 6 years in my boat and have been very impressed; however, I don't have a big stereo, actually I don't have a stereo at all!

Lets Talk Batteries

Interstate is what we use and sell. Our interstate delivery truck is always stocked with the optima line and the driver has told me there not worth the money....
    With that said, I have always had good luck with Interstate and easy to work with warranty wise

Lets Talk Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby V View Post
    I think that pretty much confirms what he said

recycling and MELTING lead is not SMELTING!!!!

Again, any dumb ass can melt lead. Any dumbass can recycle lead. All it takes is heat.

NOW how many places do you know doing this????
    100% virgin, 99.99% pure lead!
    Can you do this in your back yard> Is Exide doing this in Vernon???

How long this place remains open is hard to say, but they are after it big time! If and when it closes, NEW lead will be just another IMPORT we are dependent on from foreign countries, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT DOING THIS IN VERNON, OR HENDERSON, OR ANY PLACE ELSE ANY WHERE ELSE, at a scale even approaching this.
    In fact Doe Run now has a lead mine and smelting plant in Peru anticipating the closure of this place.
    Last edited by gn7; 09-18-2013 at 09:10 AM.

i used to run optimas til 2 summers ago and had to replace 2 of them dropping a cell.then a buddys just did it in his vdrive and had to have the tow of shame from me in my jet

Lets Talk Batteries

There is a place in Henderson that, from what I remember, produces most of the stuff to manufacturer batteries. Kerr-McGee if I remember correctly. Nastiest place I've ever worked at.

WESTERNAERO
    2 Odyssey 925's. Never been happier. Small, light weight, powerful and can take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    2 Odyssey 925's. Never been happier. Small, light weight, powerful and can take a beating.
    I use the same in my schiada. 2 925's are the same weight as 1 Optima Blue Top

I'm sure mine are some cheapos but they keep cranking