Thread: How fast do you

How fast do you

1. Pull a skier...?

2. Pull a wake board...?

3. Pull a tube...?

4. Pull a buddies busted tub back to the dock...?

5. What type of boat do you have...?

6. And when does it get on plane...?

1. I ask, because I grew up skiing at 33-37. Now that I picked up a GS, I've been running 125 off and around 50-55. My wife is a good skier, but still learning. When I pull her, she gives me that look when I get faster than 25-26. The issue is that the wake is still kinda big at 20-25, because I'm just getting on plane. Other friends also freak out when I get around 30. Any slower, and the ski is riding wet and spraying water in their face.

2. I pull my little kids around 15, but they pretty much stay in the wake. My brother likes to be pulled around 20, then I have a couple friends that like to be pulled at 24-25. Wake boarding seems to be all over the place, and I'm no expert, so whatever.

3. Again, my youngest daughter starts telling me to slow down right off idle. Other than that, I pretty much pull between 22-30. I did pull my oldest daughter back to Cottonwood from the river at 50-55 last weekend. (Only because she was begging me to, and it was very smooth!) When we got back, she asked for some Motrin Here's a video of my brother behind the boat at 55ish.

4. This sucks! I pulled a buddy back callville from the north side of the narrows a couple seasons ago. After that, I bought a radio!

5. I have a big fat Hallett 270 straight bottom.

6. It gets on plane around 20-25, and flattens out nice past 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Skav View Post
    1. Pull a skier...?

2. Pull a wake board...?

3. Pull a tube...?

4. Pull a buddies busted tub back to the dock...?

5. What type of boat do you have...?

6. And when does it get on plane...?
    I'll play...

Skier, about 35 to 40..

Wake board 17 to 18... tabs cranked down

Tube, Depends on who's on it

Towing, 5 to 7 mph... done this too much.. lol.

Eliminator 28 eagle, planes about 30.. ish

How fast do you

I like to slalom at 32, wakeboard 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    CH3NO2

How fast do you

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    I'll play...

Skier, about 35 to 40..

Wake board 17 to 18... tabs cranked down

Tube, Depends on who's on it

Eliminator 28 eagle, planes about 30.. ish
    Your tubing answer made me laugh. My dad passed away in 09, and I'm still feeling the affects of his reputation.

His eyes would glaze over and he'd start in with an evil giggle when we, our friends, kids or pretty much anybody got on the tube. His idea of fun, was to see how quick he could get you off the tube. One of his favorite tricks was to whip us at 50. I'm not sure what this translates to at the end of the rope, but I remember passing the front of the boat as I was barrel rolling/skipping across the water.

Now when we go boating with the church group, the kids are afraid to go with me if anything, I lean to the slow side, because when I start whipping the tubes, Somebody usually says something like "the Kelley's are all the same."

Whatever. I just wait till they complain about going slow, then it's fair game

1. 30-35
    2. 18-20 (but my boat doesnt provide a big enough wake to make a wakeboard any fun)
    3. kids in the tube 20-25...anyone else I whip them as hard as I can at 30-40 with bursts of speed in the straights
    4. Idle and take lots of pics
    5. Stoker Sport Tunnel
    6. 17-18 mph unless I'm loaded with a lot of people

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    I'll play...

Towing.....or being towed

Actually I've been towed a couple of times over the years and it;s never fast enough.....it's like a "Perp Walk".......I always feel like everyone is looking, pointing and laughing and the dipshit who ran out of gas.....even when it's something else.
    Last edited by Paul65K; 09-18-2013 at 04:59 AM.

I used to have a 24 open bow and would ski and wake board etc... all the time behind that boat. I wanted something bigger so I bought a 29 Fountain but you could only single ski (if I had a ski eye) behind it because I can't keep it on plane below 30. Now I'm thinking in like 2 years or so when my kids are a little older I'm going to buy another cheap open bow 18' boat to ski behind and let the kids spill Cheetos and all that crap in and not worry about tearing the seat type thing. I really miss not wakeboarding and skiing though.

For starters, I get the whole tube thing. If I don't want you on a tube, there's nothing you can do that will keep you on it. You could duct tape yourself to the thing, it would not help. That said,

I let skiers tell me what they like, it's about having fun, so I try to stay well within the comfort zone for them.

Same with a wakeboarder, but 20's is good I have found.

Tubes? It's all fun till someone flies through the air with the greatest of ease, then it's more fun. seriously though....like I said up top, it's about fun, so I lay off...

247 Lightning with a blown 496 in it. Very fast boat, planes very easily, no tabs.Still learning to drive it and pull people. So for the time being, all fun, no goofing off...everyone has a good day....

Re: How fast do you

I have an ULTRA 247XS with 7.4 mpi
    When I ski I tell the wife 40mph and when she is skiing its around 32 mph.we don't wakeboard in our family only ski and tube.when I pull my girls tubing its in the mid to high 20 mph range I drop the tabs two clicks the drive at zero trim and away we go

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2