Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GRADS

How do you answer...What type of boat do you have?

When someone that is not too familiar with boats asks you what type of boat do have, how do you answer? I usually say the brand name (Eliminator, Shockwave, etc) but then when they give me a look like they have no clue I try to explain. Do you say Hotboat, go fast boat, cigarette boat, offshore boat, speed boat or what? Just curious.

How do you answer...What type of boat do you have?

I hear you. Most people think fishing or skiing. I usually say "not the practical type". Not a fishing boat, not a ski boat, more of a go fast cruiser. Then they usually give the blank stare until I show them a picture. Then they say oh wow. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    When someone that is not too familiar with boats asks you what type of boat do have, how do you answer? I usually say the brand name (Eliminator, Shockwave, etc) but then when they give me a look like they have no clue I try to explain. Do you say Hotboat, go fast boat, cigarette boat, offshore boat, speed boat or what? Just curious.

Most people around me, neighbors, coworkers etc., have no idea what a shockwave, dcb, eliminator, skater etc etc is... I just normally say, "high performance speed boat". That's usually good enough, if I told them it has a TCM825 or a Merc. 700, I would loose them completely lol
    Last edited by PokerRun388; 09-14-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of the time I will answer depending on whose asking and why their asking. Are they asking because their being judgmental and trying to figure out how much money I make type of thing or are they generally interested in my hobbies etc.... If they are asking because I think they are trying to judge me about money etc, I just say something to go cruise around Havasu with but if they are generally interested, I explain and show pictures, etc..

35' powerboat..................or one of them miami vice c-gar boats, that always gets a laugh.

If I think the person wants to hear about a performance boat, then I tell them its a jet with a Corvette engine. Nothing wows them more than a "jet boat" with a Corvette engine. They just know it has to haul ass.

I told that to guy once, and a year later he shows up at a race and the first thing he has to inform I didn't know shit about boats, "because that's not a jet boat, and that's not a Corvette engine.

Well, living in Norcal, they all think their rollbar boats are the cats ass....so I usually just tell them it's a bow rider and leave it at that. They all say "that's nice.....I got that new corvette motor in mine". I smile and walk away. No sense in it.

Motor Boat .

I tell them I have a monster truck engine in a boat that weighs the same as a vw bug. Talk about not being practical. lol (but practical is boring so screw that)

I tell them I have a Schiada, if they don't get that then.........It doesn't really matter, and I just change the subject to something other than boating that they might really understand