Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Starting your boat w/a hose on the trailer..???

I know 2FF has posted this sweet sounding 240 Hallett before Idling, but I was wondering is it better to put the drive in a bucket of water like this guy? Does anyone else do this? It's something I want to mention to my dad. The last time we started his boat on the trailer, the hose pressure didn't seem to be high enough, and it took a long ass time to get water coming through the exhaust... Does having the drive like this get the water going faster???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS
    Better in a bucket especially if you have low water pick ups on your drive.

I learned a lot about this deal when my motor went boom a couple years ago while idling in the driveway on a hose.

This was the new motor after some exhaust modifications.

Starting your boat w/a hose on the trailer..???

I use muffs on my outboards but this looks like a better way! I'm careful to have enough pressure but not wide open either on the water hose.
    CH3NO2

I tried to do that with mine.....but the bucket was not deep enough.....back to the hose for me....

This is mine on the hose.....

Last edited by Tishimself; 09-12-2013 at 08:03 PM.

GRADS
    If I use the ear muffs on mine I have to put duct tape over the low water pick up but then when you turn on the hose it wants to blow off the duct tape before you start it....its much easier to put it in a bucket.

Unless you have low water pickup(s). Then you shove a rubber hose up its butt and let it fly. Just make sure you're on the right pickup if she's blown or else

Unforgiven
    we shove the hose up our our pickup...It works great...I'll bring in a second hose stuff up the other pickup to do a flush thru the intercooler while were running....

Generally at idle (in a lake) its only using about 5 psi so it doesn't take much. I just use the hose and I have low water pickups

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4