Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook

Facebook

I shut my account off a couple years ago because of a troll. I know your thinking you should just block or unfriend them, problem is other friends would share with troll so i finally said fuck it. Let me add, I came from a small town that everyone knew everyone.
    But it is becoming more often that things you want to participate in require an active Faceboook account.
    My question is how do those of you that have it manage friends? Im sure it has better options now for managing people. Do you use an alias screen name like you would on a forum? Im not really interested in feeding the fish, watering the grass, harvesting the crops, or playing Bejeweled. So can you post up your tips so that it doesnt become a PITA.

GRADS
    Bottom line is don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see and ignore friend requests of people you don't want to be friends with.

You can hide all the games as well as make your profile private.
    Basically, no one can look at my page unless they are my friend. Everything I post is private to my friends as well.

Wendi
    You can block and hide almost anything now. You can stop the game requests, etc. You are missing out my friend. My Hotboat facebook page is the shit!!! Great stuff get back on there. You go into your privacy settings and account settings to manage all that stuff you mentioned above. I wouldn't do an alias because then you won't have any friends unless you do all the requesting. I like FB because I get to see pics from family and friends, high school reunion type stuff and Hotboat!

GRADS

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Bottom line is don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see and ignore friend requests of people you don't want to be friends with.
    That would be an entire town, they share eveything with each other, lol.

Unforgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    That would be an entire town, they share eveything with each other, lol.
    they share everything?? so on my account I changed it so the whole world can't see it..also went thru there and dumped out alot of peeps tied to another forum..I get rid of the drama players...(except Wendi she's my favorite drama)

What requires you to have a facebook account??

Tapatalk 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    What requires you to have a facebook account??

Tapatalk 4.0
    Enter contests and some websites set up things to vote on through a facebook acount.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    I shut my account off a couple years ago because of a troll. I know your thinking you should just block or unfriend them, problem is other friends would share with troll so i finally said fuck it. Let me add, I came from a small town that everyone knew everyone.
    But it is becoming more often that things you want to participate in require an active Faceboook account.
    My question is how do those of you that have it manage friends? Im sure it has better options now for managing people. Do you use an alias screen name like you would on a forum? Im not really interested in feeding the fish, watering the grass, harvesting the crops, or playing Bejeweled. So can you post up your tips so that it doesnt become a PITA.
    I don't really post much but if I don't want someone to see my stuff 1. they aren't my friend or 2. I block them. On the other hand if I don't want to see someone who post and shares everything all day long (hint: SFS) I am able to hide their post so they don't show up on my newsfeed at all which is great.