Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where were you 12 years ago today?

Every year on this day is slightly different than the rest.

I can remember just about every detail from that day. It was unbelievable watching that day unfold on television.

God bless the heroes and victims of that day.

I vividly remember were I was, at the office and I went into the office kitchen to get a soda and the first plane juts hit the first tower, I about pissed on myself, the rest is tragic history, sad day in all our lives, I still pray for all those lost, RIP.

Other Side of the Lake,Almost off the Grid.
    We were working on a street re- surface project on residential street in Santa Clarita.Great thread idea and pics."Right Click- Save". THANKS
    Last edited by RVR SWPR; 09-11-2013 at 06:36 AM.

WMC

Re: Where were you 12 years ago today?

I was glued to the TV at home. We Will Never Forget.

sent from the best phone on earth
    Last edited by WMC; 09-11-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Wendi
    I was getting ready for work that morning and my nanny called and said turn on the TV. I watched as the 2nd plane hit the WTC it was a horrific site to see and I will never forget . I remember it very clearly. I went into the office. They called us into the conference room and let us know that everyone in our Manhattan office was safe and said we all should go home and be with our families. I went home and was glued to the TV. Very tragic and I will never forget. God Bless to all those that parished, to all the heroes that stepped in to help and to all the survivors!
    Name:  911 2.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  18.8 KB

It was my senior year of High School.
    I had an "A" Period (starts at 7 instead of 8) so I was up early.
    Watching the TV with my mom and saw the second plane hit the tower on TV.
    The whole day at school, every class room had a TV wheeled in so that we can watch the history unfold...
    I remember it like it was yesterday.

Where were you 12 years ago today?

I was a branch manager for one of our equipment yards.

All kinds of construction was taking place as we were in a remodel/expansion.

Work was about to get started when the first plane hit. I had about 30 guys in my office huddled around a little 20" tv in an office no bigger than a standard bedroom size.

For the next two hours you could hear a pin drop.

Big strong guys were overcome with emotion. In that instant you could feel a bond between strangers, and later that day there would be a bond between the entire country. The patriotism was worn on our sleeves that day.

I closed up shop and sent everybody home to hug their families by mid morning that day. Trying to make a dollar wasn't near as important as being with family at that time.

I still see those guys from time to time. To this day it's a handshake that has a little more meaning than most when we cross paths.

Never forget!

I remember that I was up early as usual and watching Mark Haynes on CNBC before going into the office. It was surreal watching things unfold......at first they thought that the first plane had mistakenly flown into the WTC, but watching on CNBC was even more realistic as they were in NYC and more real was that they all had friends working inside the WTC.....If I remember correctly Kidder/Peabody was on the 100th floor and they all knew people there.

When the 2nd plane went in we watched it real time as there were cameras on the WTC watching the damage from the 1st plane.......I'll never forget the stunned silence when that happened. Soon after that was the Pentagon and then within an hour the first tower came down everyone was stunned, in shock almost and then all hell broke loose!!

I realized that I had to get to work as I was responsible for a large call center in those days and large number of the people working there were parents with families and I knew that there would be lots of issues. I decided to close the call center and let everyone be with their families.....what a day!!!

Prayers as always with the families of those who perished in that cowardly act that fateful day

I was working on an interstate hwy widening project, within a couple of hours of the news it became eerie how traffic diminished on the roadways.

I was demoing a house out in a rural area. We had 5 guys sitting on 5 gal buckets, huddled around a radio. I didn't see any video until I got home that night.

On the way to the job I was listening to Howard Stern and I thought it was a joke at first.