Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Where were you 12 years ago today?

I was living in garden grove....got out of the shower and turned on the radio while getting ready. I was listening to power 106 and you could tell in the first 5 seconds by the tone of big boys voice that some thing was majorly wrong.

I immediately turned on the TV and watched the damage and smoke the first plane created.

The freeways that morning were like a ghost town so I made it to work in half the normal time. Once at work we watched the second plane hit and the towers crumble before our eyes....I will never forget that day and the rest of the events that took place.:(

I had just left a job that was owned by aon corp. It really hit home as they lost a ton of people in the attack.

I will also never forget the Friday night after 9/11 . My wife and I would typically take my camaro out looking for some mustangs or supras to race. We ended up on main street in Huntington and the place was going off. Thousands of people were out on the street chanting USA and waiving flags. There were police everywhere and not a single person was out of control or being stupid. The stop sign became a burn out box. Tons of fast cars and hot rods out that night doing burn outs crossing the intersection. I will never forget getting to the stop sign as 100's of people chanted USA USA USA ...followed by do a burn out. There were a pair of officers right out my window and I looked over at them and they smiled and said go for it. My ss was pretty built up at the time so I hit the line lock and burned about a year worth of rubber off the tires. The white smoke was so thick it blanketed the street and the crowd got even louder.

It was easily one of the coolest moments of my life and I don't think I have ever felt like the people of our country were closer.

God speed to all that fell on that day....:(

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Cole Trickle; 09-11-2013 at 07:27 AM.

I was laying in bed starting to wake up. I was a corporal in the marine Corp stationed on camp Pendleton. I had an apt in Fallbrook just outside the naval weapons station gate. Some how I ended up with my head at the foot of my bed and I was on my back. I move my head a lil to glance at the tv and saw the first tower burning. I was like wft am I watching? I thought it was towering inferno from the 70's. I dozed off again and when I woke up I woke up to the 2nd planes impact. Now im even more like wtf this is not towering inferno! As I'm waking up im realizing im watch the news and I quickly showered and got into my uniform to try and haul ass to the base. I couldnt even get out of my apt complex cause the base was locked down and traffic was dead stopped and had been for a couple of hours. I called my office and they were instructing everyone to just stay home if you lived off base. I stayed home and watched the news all day feeling helpless. For the following month it would take me 3 hrs to get to work (12 miles) 3 months after 9/11 I was in country.

Where were you 12 years ago today?

I was getting ready for work watching the news and watched the second plane hit. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.... I immediately woke up my ex-husband and my son, who was 12 at the time. I could see the fear in my son's eyes...and he asked if we were going to be okay. I kept him home from school that day. I did go into work that day and everyone was glued to a TV or radio somewhere. God Bless all of those that lost their lives in the tragic attack on the U.S. on 9/11/01. WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

I was actually lucky enough to visit NYC in May 2002 and see the WTC site. It was a big hole. It was unbelievable... they were still clearing out the rubble, nearby buildings were nothing but beams. There was a huge line waiting to tour the WTC site. There was a clothing store about block up from the WTC site that enclosed a small portion of their store that had been damaged from all of the debris and dust. It was hard to imagine what that city went through.
    Last edited by hbchgirl; 09-11-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    www.nickroseinsurance.com
    CA: 661.253.1131
    AZ: 928-669-2900

I was at home in Santa Clarita. I had just woken up, was having a cup of coffee and turned on thew news.... I was working for American Airlines at the time and called my Supervisor to see if they needed me to come in. God Bless all of the victims and their families!

Re: Where were you 12 years ago today?

I was getting up and getting ready for work. I was 20years old with a one year old daughter ( birthday is 9/07/00) I watched the first building burning and then drove to work listening to the radio. I got to work on santa ana and started watching the office tv. I remember the second building being hit. I remember the people jumping out of the buildings. All I wanted to do was make sure that my family was safe. My dad works near LAX at northrop grumman and my mom works at boeing near long beach airport. I called them and they were getting moved into safer locations, just in case. The business closed its doors and we all went home. On my way home I stopped by a US Navy recruiting office and joined. I left for boot camp shortly afterwards and was on a ship working on F-18's and did so for 6 yrs. I will never forget the poor innocent people that lose their lives and the poor families. I would go and fight at a moments notice to protect this country and my family.

Woke up and flipped on the TV while getting ready to go to the gym. Only the first plane had hit at the time. At that point, it must have been some crazy accident of sorts. I jumped in my car and by the time I got to the gym, the second plane had hit. Didn't get much of a workout that day, just rode the bike in front of the TV until it was time to go to work. Watched TV at work all day in my office.

Where were you 12 years ago today?

Was heading to work in Irvine sitting on the 91 and had a Tv and tuner in my truck so I had the news on right before the 2nd plane hit. What an unforgettable day!

GRADS
    One of my biggest regrets in life is from that day. Made the crews come to work and work most of the day. In hind site I wish I would of sent them home to be with their loved ones. Can't take that one back.