Hybrid View

WESTERNAERO
    Congratulations on the purchase. Seemed like Greg had a lot of friends on the river, I never met him, wish I would have. I'm sure they will be happy to see this boat back out there and to meet it's new owner.

Cool boat....I'm glad it went to a forum member that knew the history

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    Cool boat....I'm glad it went to a forum member that knew the history
    Thanks...

In the near future:

I am going to take it to Lew Larson to have the engine freshened up and then to West Coast Marine Interiors to have them build a back seat, they built the front two buckets. I will put more picture in this thread when that takes place.

For now I will put up some pictures of some of the work Greg did a couple years ago.

In winter of 2010 Greg replaced the floors and bulkhead.
    Name:  Greg_Replacing_Floor.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  84.2 KB

In 2011 Greg finished the Balsa Veneered floors, added bucket seats, Calgo steering, a down pedal and polished clear powder coated the aluminum fuel tanks.
    Name:  Blown5_572.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  Spectra_Tanks.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  64.7 KB
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 09-11-2013 at 12:47 AM.

WESTERNAERO
    Any chance you could post a pic of the strut from the bottom and the inside?

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Any chance you could post a pic of the strut from the bottom and the inside?
    Name:  Spectra_Strut_Brace.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  74.5 KB
    Name:  Spectra_Strut_Brace1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  38.1 KB
    Name:  Spectra_Strut_Brace2.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  54.8 KB
    Name:  Spectra_Strut.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  35.5 KB
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 09-11-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Greg was a good dude. Got to ride in that thing a couple of times in parker before the rebuild. Holy shit! is that a go fast boat. That hull has seen more air time then a pan am 747. Lol. He def drove that mother effer.

Quote Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Greg was a good dude. Got to ride in that thing a couple of times in parker before the rebuild. Holy shit! is that a go fast boat. That hull has seen more air time then a pan am 747. Lol. He def drove that mother effer.
    Greg was a driver for sure...I don't think the Spectra will see the air time with me driving. However, the boat is built like a tank and can handle it.

I remember seeing Wheelers pictures years ago of Greg getting air. It was so funny it looked like Greg was trying to steer with one hand and hold down his ice chest with the other hand. I think he was still smiling too.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 09-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase. Seemed like Greg had a lot of friends on the river, I never met him, wish I would have. I'm sure they will be happy to see this boat back out there and to meet it's new owner.
    Thanks...I got a lot of support from his dad and friends before I made the purchase.