Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Jerry, I hate to tell you this because you've got it all together. But, your bolts holding the drive to the flex plate should have a few threads showing. They're not fully engaged into the nylok area of the nut.
    It's good to have 3 threads showing on everything that gets thru bolted with a nut and always use washers on the nut end.
    Jerry, did you see this? Not trying to harp on you but you really need longer bolts in there. I'd hate to hear that it came apart and tore some shit up after all the time and money you have in that boat getting it back together.

Please put a cover over that drive shaft.

Sounds nice and smooth! I really like this boat.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    Jerry, did you see this? Not trying to harp on you but you really need longer bolts in there. I'd hate to hear that it came apart and tore some shit up after all the time and money you have in that boat getting it back together.
    I saw it Kevin thanks for looking out. I will talk to Scott about it. The transmission may have to come back out because it felt like there was a slip in 3rd gear. We have another bug I have to get out of it first then I will go back and address the transmission and direct drive.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 06-01-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Trans needs to be fixed. Third gear is done.

Trans is pulled hope to get it back in a couple weeks.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1401921278533.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  31.6 KB

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I had the trans rebuilt and changed the valve body to a TCI Reverse Order Shift Pattern: Park–Reverse–Neutral–First–Second–Third.

All I can say is the boat is absolutely insane. I got it up to 4,800 - 5,000 RPM's in Havasu chop and we had to be doing 80 - 85 MPH. It gets there right now too. Need to track down some more gremlins but hopefully she will be gremlin free in a month or so. BTW Kevin, Scott used longer bolts on the direct drive so no worries.

Name:  Spectras.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  122.9 KB

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I had the trans rebuilt and changed the valve body to a TCI Reverse Order Shift Pattern: Park–Reverse–Neutral–First–Second–Third.

All I can say is the boat is absolutely insane. I got it up to 4,800 - 5,000 RPM's in Havasu chop and we had to be doing 80 - 85 MPH. It gets there right now too. Need to track down some more gremlins but hopefully she will be gremlin free in a month or so. BTW Kevin, Scott used longer bolts on the direct drive so no worries.

Name:  Spectras.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  122.9 KB
    Good deal Jerry! Glad you finally got that thing going.

Jerry glad to see Greg's boat in good hands and getting the treatment that Greg always wanted to do to it. Greg was always to busy running it instead of doing better repairs lol. YES! You better keep those flower pots on that boat, Greg loved those and said said there would be bad juju for those that remove them! Like jermie lol
    RIP to my friend Greg "FULL THROTTLE" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by 74 Howard 21rc View Post
    Jerry glad to see Greg's boat in good hands and getting the treatment that Greg always wanted to do to it. Greg was always to busy running it instead of doing better repairs lol. YES! You better keep those flower pots on that boat, Greg loved those and said said there would be bad juju for those that remove them! Like jermie lol
    Now that I am broke the flower pots will definitely be staying ☺ so no bad juju.

Looks like I have to replumb the dumps. If you have any pictures of where your dumping your water from post them up.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 09-28-2014 at 10:33 PM.