Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    Well he said he did and when I put my hand up inside the housing it was tight. I even tried to pull it forward to see if I could move it back in place by hand. Those pumps make about 250 lbs of pressure.
    But that's 250 lbs of line pressure(fluid psi) not thrust. If the pump drove itself forward 1/4" the trans would be junk. That looks like an aluminum collar. It heated up, swelled, lost clamp pressure and the vibration from the engine allowed it to work loose.
    Get on Mcmaster Carr, order a steel collar, reset your drive adapter spacing (about .050" i'm assuming), clamp the the steel collar on, remove the assembly, weld the collar and re-install. It should be good forever.
    Last edited by WESTERNAERO; 04-22-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTERNAERO View Post
    If the pump drove itself forward 1/4" the trans would be junk. That looks like an aluminum collar. It heated up, swelled, lost clamp pressure and the vibration from the engine allowed it to work loose.
    The pump drive went backwards towards the engine not forwards towards the trans. I am pretty much over this and I am going with the Hughes Performance Direct Drive. I hate doing this to my wallet but I hate workarounds.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 07-29-2014 at 04:11 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    The pump drive went backwards towards the engine not forwards towards the trans. I am pretty much over this and I am going with the Hughes Performance Direct Drive. I hate doing this to my wallet but I hate workarounds. I am just hoping I didn't screw the trans up.
    I saw that it went towards the engine, I didn't think it went into the pump. A steel collar welded on can be done cheap and right away. Just trying to save you some money is all.

I saw that it went towards the engine, I didn't think it went into the pump. A steel collar welded on can be done cheap and right away. Just trying to save you some money is all.
    I hear ya Kevin it makes sense what you're saying and I appreciate the help. But I am looking into other problems that might come up as well. Some have said they have lost splines probably since they didn't use a spacer behind the flange. Other's (besides GN7) have said it could be an alignment problem with the flexplate. Scott is helping me and his time is what I am starting to get worried about (I don't want to take advantage of him and his time).

WESTERNAERO
    I you lived closer I'd tell you to just bring here and I'm sure we could get it fixed up so you could take it to DS tomorrow.

We got the Hughes Performance Direct Drive installed. It seems like a nice piece.

Name:  Hughes_Performance_Direct_Drive.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  Hughes_Performance_Direct_Drive1.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  Hughes_Performance_Direct_Drive2.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  51.3 KB

WESTERNAERO
    Jerry, I hate to tell you this because you've got it all together. But, your bolts holding the drive to the flex plate should have a few threads showing. They're not fully engaged into the nylok area of the nut.
    It's good to have 3 threads showing on everything that gets thru bolted with a nut and always use washers on the nut end.
    Last edited by WESTERNAERO; 05-06-2014 at 07:36 PM.

WESTERNAERO
    So what kind of mph were you getting? Looks like it was running good.

So what kind of mph were you getting? Looks like it was running good.
    Didn't GPS it. It was just a shake down run to get the bugs out. I think there is a slip in the transmission so I am going to test it again.
    Last edited by 78Southwind; 05-06-2014 at 09:57 PM.