Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by blt4spd View Post
    Have the same issue at my house, went down to west marine bought one of those air horns in a can, every time they started barking I went out to the fence and blew that thing until there ears blew out. No more barking plus when the owner tried talking to me I blew it at him too.
    Oh yeah good one! Forgot WMC also recently bought the air horn deal. They aren't barking as much either. He would probably use it on the owner as well if he ever tried to say something. I'd like to add a disclaimer: I have a dog and I am also an animal lover, but just don't appreciate those that have dogs that bark all the time and owners that do nothing to stop it.

Wendi
    NGE go get an air horn today then report back tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    My wonderful neighbors have two small shitzus that bark nonstop all day and all night. This has been going on since they moved in at the beginning of summer. I've tried talking to them and they deny that the dogs bark. My other neighbor went to their door when they were home and they wouldn't answer. These dogs woke me up twice last night and I can't think of anything to do other than stapling them to their front door.

Anyone else had this issue with a neighbor? How'd ya solve it?
    its real simple....you tell about the dogs... they do nothing.... you record the dogs barking....

when you get up... you turn on the recording threw the loud speaker...

I had the same problem, neighbor worked nights, the dogs would howl all night

when he got home he'd let the dogs in the house and go to sleep...

i'd turn on the recording.... and go get my roto hammer and start jack hammering the coletche right by his window

then i'd start cutting 2x4's with my skill saw...

he'd call the cops cause he couldn't sleep, so after the 2 or 3 hr deal he really couldn't sleep..

few days latter he got rid of the dog...

Quote Originally Posted by 2FORCEFULL View Post
    its real simple....you tell about the dogs... they do nothing.... you record the dogs barking....

when you get up... you turn on the recording threw the loud speaker...

I had the same problem, neighbor worked nights, the dogs would howl all night

when he got home he'd let the dogs in the house and go to sleep...

i'd turn on the recording.... and go get my roto hammer and start jack hammering the coletche right by his window

then i'd start cutting 2x4's with my skill saw...

he'd call the cops cause he couldn't sleep, so after the 2 or 3 hr deal he really couldn't sleep..

few days latter he got rid of the dog...

Have the same issue at my house, went down to west marine bought one of those air horns in a can, every time they started barking I went out to the fence and blew that thing until there ears blew out. No more barking plus when the owner tried talking to me I blew it at him too.
    I like this one

Great idea, wish I had thought of that when we had the white trash next to us with 2 pitbulls that would bark all the time. But when they economy took the big dive they lost their house. Always a bright side to everything! Their damn dogs would start barking in the middle of the night I would get up and put the water hose on them.

Thread of the day! Great solutions in here. LMFAO...

Be careful there's some crazy fockers out there now, it's not worth my blood pressure and time, I'd call "johnny Law"

Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Be careful there's some crazy fockers out there now, it's not worth my blood pressure and time, I'd call "johnny Law"
    Problem there is here in Havasu they do nothing at all. Been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    My wonderful neighbors have two small shitzus that bark nonstop all day and all night. This has been going on since they moved in at the beginning of summer. I've tried talking to them and they deny that the dogs bark. My other neighbor went to their door when they were home and they wouldn't answer. These dogs woke me up twice last night and I can't think of anything to do other than stapling them to their front door.

Anyone else had this issue with a neighbor? How'd ya solve it?
    Eddie, I live next door in Irvine. A lot of ordinances are very similar in Newport, Costa Mesa and Irvine. When it comes to dogs barking they honestly don't put up with it. Click on the link below. Since you've tried talking to them, the only way they will start understanding is when it starts hitting them in the pocket book.

http://www.costamesaca.gov/index.aspx?page=307

I have a 9 year old Jack Russell. He's a great dog and never barks except when the FEDEX, UPS come by or those people that throw advertising material at the door (probably senses that some of them are scoping out the neighborhood... hahaha). But he absolutely cannot stand possums. When the possum freezes on the fence - all hell breaks loose in the backyard. If were home, then no problem, we'll just bring him inside. But if were away, he'll run & ram the fence and will bark non stop. If he is successful in knocking him down off the wooden fence, the fight sounds and looks like WWW3. Luckily our neighbors know and will call us if he continues for over 15 mins. But I do have one pleasant jerk who loves to call the police for everything and the animal control in Irvine is part of the police division. They understood what was going on, but told me that if they have repetitive calls/complaints, it will start to be very expensive.