Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ant issues!!!

Ant issues!!!

Does anyone have any good remedies to get rid of ants?
    I swear this year has been horrible for ants in my house.
    Just cleaned out all the cupboards this morning because ants were everywhere.

The plug in things used to work for us and now it seems like they are no longer doing the job.

Any ideas how to get rid of these pests???

Maybe we're gonna have an earthquake?? We had them real bad when we bought this place around 2004. Called Orkin, they came out once and did their magic, never seen an ant or the Orkin man since

Ant issues!!!

My mom always told me to sprinkle these two spices in the cabinets and I haven't had a problem in a long time. You can try buying these?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378661803.898724.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  60.9 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it gets really hot outside, they come inside looking for food and water. The only thing that is really effective is having the outside of your house sprayed. Once it cools off they'll go back outside.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    My mom always told me to sprinkle these two spices in the cabinets and I haven't had a problem in a long time. You can try buying these?

Do you sprinkle it or smoke it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Maybe we're gonna have an earthquake?? We had them real bad when we bought this place around 2004. Called Orkin, they came out once and did their magic, never seen an ant or the Orkin man since
    That is what I will probably have to do. I live next to a wash and we have an issue with mice/rats in the back yard also, Thank God not in the house. Maybe get everything knocked out at once!

Ant issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Do you sprinkle it or smoke it?

Lol never tried smoking it but?

No seriously though, she told me years ago to sprinkle those two inside the corners of the cabinets and apparently the ants don't like the smell and will stay away? Idk.. But so far it's worked..

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post

Just called my girl at the store right now and told her to pick these up. Thanks!

Ant issues!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Just called my girl at the store right now and told her to pick these up. Thanks!

Lol you're welcome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    That is what I will probably have to do. I live next to a wash and we have an issue with mice/rats in the back yard also, Thank God not in the house. Maybe get everything knocked out at once!
    Funny story. I actually signed some sort of annual contract with Orkin. They came out once. Never sent a bill or anything. About 3 months later someone came out and said they made a mistake on the contract and it wasn't valid. They asked if I wanted to sign again (ants were long gone by this time) I said not really, but I would pay for the service. They said they couldn't take my money unless I signed. But If I didn't want to sign, no problem. It was their mistake and the service was free. Felt kinda bad. So I ended up using them at my business. They seem to be pretty fair.