Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member 314joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida/LOTO
    Posts
    5,199

    Gulf Coast boating

    Just in case anyone is interested in some winter South Florida boating, a bunch of great people and some great fun runs.

    #1





    2013 / 14 FMO Event Schedule


    Sat. Oct. 12 / 13 - event #1 - Beach day at Cayo Costa. En route we will make a 1 hr. stop at possibly Cabbage Key or Barnacle Phil’s for a drink and appetizers. We will bring our own lunch and beverages to our afternoon at the beach.

    Sat. Nov. 23 / 13 - event # 2 - Our traditional Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run. (Note: this is the first of two designated fund raising events in our season to support our student scholarship fund) Our destination is Laishley’s Crab House (new destination) in Punta Gorda. http://www.laishleycrabhouse.com

    Sat. Dec. 28 / 13 - event # 3 - Our traditional holiday season Fun Run to C.J’s on the Bay, Esplanade Complex, Marco Island. Note: in the event of inclement weather, our rain date will be Jan. 1 / 14, New Years Day. http://www.cjsonthebay.com/restaurants.php?rid=4

    Fri. Jan. 31 to Sun. Feb. 2 / 14 - event # 4 - FMO annual weekend trip to the Hyatt in Sarasota. Reservations will be accepted only after October 10 / 13. Complete itinerary and costs will be circulated and posted in early October. http://sarasota.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

    Sat. March 1 / 14 - event # 5 - Fun Run to Porto Bello restaurant at Burnt Store. Buffet on the covered patio as last year. Note: this will be the second of our two annual fund raising events to support our student scholarship fund. http://www.burntstoremarina.com/port...m#.Ufm53RZc8qY

    Sat. April 5 / 14 - event # 6 - FMO season ending finale. Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort and optional trip to the beach at Keewaydin island after lunch. http://www.naplesbayresort.com/marina/

    Notes:

    1) All events meet and start from the south side of the Sanibel Bridge at 11 AM except for the run to Sarasota which will start at 10 AM.
    2) Roll call and details of each event are sent out to the membership by e mail approximately 10 days prior to the event date. Details are also posted on FMO's Facebook page and on an event thread in our forum on OSO.

  2. #2
    Wendi
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    Just in case anyone is interested in some winter South Florida boating, a bunch of great people and some great fun runs.

    #1





    2013 / 14 FMO Event Schedule


    Sat. Oct. 12 / 13 - event #1 - Beach day at Cayo Costa. En route we will make a 1 hr. stop at possibly Cabbage Key or Barnacle Phil’s for a drink and appetizers. We will bring our own lunch and beverages to our afternoon at the beach.

    Sat. Nov. 23 / 13 - event # 2 - Our traditional Thanksgiving weekend Fun Run. (Note: this is the first of two designated fund raising events in our season to support our student scholarship fund) Our destination is Laishley’s Crab House (new destination) in Punta Gorda. http://www.laishleycrabhouse.com

    Sat. Dec. 28 / 13 - event # 3 - Our traditional holiday season Fun Run to C.J’s on the Bay, Esplanade Complex, Marco Island. Note: in the event of inclement weather, our rain date will be Jan. 1 / 14, New Years Day. http://www.cjsonthebay.com/restaurants.php?rid=4

    Fri. Jan. 31 to Sun. Feb. 2 / 14 - event # 4 - FMO annual weekend trip to the Hyatt in Sarasota. Reservations will be accepted only after October 10 / 13. Complete itinerary and costs will be circulated and posted in early October. http://sarasota.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

    Sat. March 1 / 14 - event # 5 - Fun Run to Porto Bello restaurant at Burnt Store. Buffet on the covered patio as last year. Note: this will be the second of our two annual fund raising events to support our student scholarship fund. http://www.burntstoremarina.com/port...m#.Ufm53RZc8qY

    Sat. April 5 / 14 - event # 6 - FMO season ending finale. Fun Run to Naples Bay Resort and optional trip to the beach at Keewaydin island after lunch. http://www.naplesbayresort.com/marina/

    Notes:

    1) All events meet and start from the south side of the Sanibel Bridge at 11 AM except for the run to Sarasota which will start at 10 AM.
    2) Roll call and details of each event are sent out to the membership by e mail approximately 10 days prior to the event date. Details are also posted on FMO's Facebook page and on an event thread in our forum on OSO.
    Are you a member of the Florida Powerboat Club??

  3. #3
    Senior Member 314joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida/LOTO
    Posts
    5,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Are you a member of the Florida Powerboat Club??
    No, we either boat at LOTO or the Gulf Coast, I don't drag my boat all over, I like the comforts of home.

    Here's the area we live in, Cape Coral, we can pretty much boat anywhere up and down the coast from Sarasota to KW.
    Last edited by 314joey; 10-16-2013 at 08:34 AM.

  4. #4
    Wendi
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 314joey View Post
    No, we either boat at LOTO or the Gulf Coast, I don't drag my boat all over, I like the comforts of home.

    Here's the area we live in, Cape Coral, we can pretty much boat anywhere up and down the coast from Sarasota to KW.
    Very cool I can't wait to visit

  5. #5
    Do I have to live in this region to post here?

    Joey, the hyperlink for the March 1 fundraiser doesn't work.
    Last edited by Eli; 10-30-2013 at 01:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 314joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida/LOTO
    Posts
    5,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Do I have to live in this region to post here?

    Joey, the hyperlink for the March 1 fundraiser doesn't work.
    Certainly not, you can live and post wherever you wish, try this link for the March trip.

    http://www.burntstoremarina.com/

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •