Hybrid View

Another picture. Reports from no official source are 2 deceased

Name:  1231181_10200480189953549_857011505_n.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  80.2 KB
    Pat
    F-29 DCB

Saw this on OSO & RDP:
    Brad's brother Brian just confirmed that Brad and Jeff did pass away. Already there is some shit happening at the Smith shop with Tyson Garvin.

This is from Brian-

Terrible news has come from the Lake Cumberland poker run today, my brother Brad Smith and Jeff Asbell crashed, and both passed away. Tyson Garvin, immediately upon learning this news, called the Joplin Sheriff's Department. Tyson is currently standing outside the gates of the Smith Power shop, Brad's father is standing on the inside of the gates with them locked. Tyson is claiming that he has property on the perimeters of Smith Power and that he is there to "claim" them. Tyson Garvin has had nothing to do with Smith Power in the recent years and has NO PROPERTY on the perimeter. Tyson Garvin is a DIRT BAG, NO ONE in powerboating should associate with him. He has launched an attack on my family during a very tragic time. His life is nothing but lies. His true colors are shining now, and hopefully everyone around the nation can get a true taste of his character.

Courtesy of JW. Thanks JW.
    Pat
    F-29 DCB

Pat
    F-29 DCB

:(
    VERY sad
    RSCHAP1

Super sad, RIP!!

From the video the red skater was overtaking the green skater. so I can't imagine the green skater had to turn to avoid a boat that just passed. after the flip you can see a third large cat pass between the wreck and the spectator boat so there seems to be plenty of room. It does not appear that the green boat was forced to go behind the red skater. Only aerial shots can give the whole story.

Its possible that when the green boat saw the red boat pass he was looking at it and naturally started to turn the way he was looking. at those speeds a very small turn at the wheel can make a huge difference in position. Its like when you go to change lanes on the freeway and look over your shoulder, its easy to slightly turn the way you are looking.

Either way its clear that cats going fast do not like to run in someones roost. Water does not compress like air and the water will lift the bow. Just like the DCB at DS. Although in that case it seems like the driver was forced or pinched. with just this video its hard to say the green Skater was forced to turn into the roost.

The one thing I hope happens from this is we start getting serious about proper safety gear. Its possible in this case proper neck restraints, jackets, and helmets would have saved two lives.

Disclaimer- this post is completely my own speculation.

MP

Quote Originally Posted by Cat & Mice View Post
    Super sad, RIP!!

From the video the red skater was overtaking the green skater. so I can't imagine the green skater had to turn to avoid a boat that just passed. after the flip you can see a third large cat pass between the wreck and the spectator boat so there seems to be plenty of room. It does not appear that the green boat was forced to go behind the red skater. Only aerial shots can give the whole story.

Its possible that when the green boat saw the red boat pass he was looking at it and naturally started to turn the way he was looking. at those speeds a very small turn at the wheel can make a huge difference in position. Its like when you go to change lanes on the freeway and look over your shoulder, its easy to slightly turn the way you are looking.

Either way its clear that cats going fast do not like to run in someones roost. Water does not compress like air and the water will lift the bow. Just like the DCB at DS. Although in that case it seems like the driver was forced or pinched. with just this video its hard to say the green Skater was forced to turn into the roost.

The one thing I hope happens from this is we start getting serious about proper safety gear. Its possible in this case proper neck restraints, jackets, and helmets would have saved two lives.

Disclaimer- this post is completely my own speculation.

MP
    Good insight! It does look alot like the incident at DS.

Wendi