Quote Originally Posted by Cat & Mice View Post
Super sad, RIP!!

From the video the red skater was overtaking the green skater. so I can't imagine the green skater had to turn to avoid a boat that just passed. after the flip you can see a third large cat pass between the wreck and the spectator boat so there seems to be plenty of room. It does not appear that the green boat was forced to go behind the red skater. Only aerial shots can give the whole story.

Its possible that when the green boat saw the red boat pass he was looking at it and naturally started to turn the way he was looking. at those speeds a very small turn at the wheel can make a huge difference in position. Its like when you go to change lanes on the freeway and look over your shoulder, its easy to slightly turn the way you are looking.

Either way its clear that cats going fast do not like to run in someones roost. Water does not compress like air and the water will lift the bow. Just like the DCB at DS. Although in that case it seems like the driver was forced or pinched. with just this video its hard to say the green Skater was forced to turn into the roost.

The one thing I hope happens from this is we start getting serious about proper safety gear. Its possible in this case proper neck restraints, jackets, and helmets would have saved two lives.

Disclaimer- this post is completely my own speculation.

MP
Good insight! It does look alot like the incident at DS.