Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Wendi

Accident at Lake Cumberland PR

Our sincerest condolences to their family and friends. May they RIP and Godspeed. Very tragic news so sad.

Patyacht - I moved your thread. For some reason it was in the offroad section.

Quote Originally Posted by Patyacht View Post
    Some say roll some say stuff. Rumors flying now. Let the dust settle 1st.
    Some say.......hear say....even some saying it was caused by a wake of a rouge boat crossing in front of them.
    It was none of those.

Accident at Lake Cumberland PR

Terrible accident! :(
    I would like to hear what experts think about how lives might be saved in this situation. Enclosed cockpits? HANS type equip? I don't know much about these and never have I gone that fast.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Patyacht - I moved your thread. For some reason it was in the offroad section.
    Thanks. So sad but this is the 2nd accident of this type this year. Time to learn for all of us. Was the lead - red boat angling right or did the green boat angle to the left or a little of both. Why was there a spectator boat so far out and so close to the action? Wonder if there was any helo shots so we can see a different angle and learn.
    Pat
    F-29 DCB

To me it looks similiar of the DCB that went down during Desert Strom this past spring, according to the video.

Re: Accident at Lake Cumberland PR

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    To me it looks similiar of the DCB that went down during Desert Strom this past spring, according to the video.
    Agree, looks extremely similar, RIP

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Never like reading/hearing stories like this. Sad deal all the way around.

:(
    VERY sad
    RSCHAP1

Super sad, RIP!!

From the video the red skater was overtaking the green skater. so I can't imagine the green skater had to turn to avoid a boat that just passed. after the flip you can see a third large cat pass between the wreck and the spectator boat so there seems to be plenty of room. It does not appear that the green boat was forced to go behind the red skater. Only aerial shots can give the whole story.

Its possible that when the green boat saw the red boat pass he was looking at it and naturally started to turn the way he was looking. at those speeds a very small turn at the wheel can make a huge difference in position. Its like when you go to change lanes on the freeway and look over your shoulder, its easy to slightly turn the way you are looking.

Either way its clear that cats going fast do not like to run in someones roost. Water does not compress like air and the water will lift the bow. Just like the DCB at DS. Although in that case it seems like the driver was forced or pinched. with just this video its hard to say the green Skater was forced to turn into the roost.

The one thing I hope happens from this is we start getting serious about proper safety gear. Its possible in this case proper neck restraints, jackets, and helmets would have saved two lives.

Disclaimer- this post is completely my own speculation.

MP