Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Ah jeez guys. You too hoodlums have me blushin. It's all good and I welcome everyones opinion and advice. It's up to me to decide which works for my situation and as we all know, it comes down to what we think at the time is the best for our project. Lord knows, I've made my fair share of mistakes and sadly will make more. If RD has some advice, I would be more than happy to listen and consider it.

Thanks again for the kind words. You're very kind (albiet misguided)

Powdercoating is done.

The color is Prismatic's Illusion Red with Clear Vision over it. It's shot over a special candy base primer that AHP uses and the color is really impressive. Sometimes it's got a faint orange color, sometimes burgandy and sometimes red depending on the light conditions. Plus it's got some really nice metallic on it.

And started to assemble it. Started wiring it up and hope to get the motor in it and all wired up by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by jrork; 05-04-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Absolutely beautiful!! You guys have done a fantastic job. I keep trying to get the kid to come out to Utah to ski (and work on my boat) but he keeps refusing!!!
    I can't wait to have a boat worthy of Mardon so i can see it in person!!!

Looks killer John.
    89 Eliminator Daytona 21'
    74 Sleek Craft Rebel w/Pontiac 400
    76 Sleek Craft Ambassador

Looking GREAT guy's! I saw Ian showing off your powder coat some where else... and thought what the hell, John should have a build thread going. Then I remembered where it was. I'll have to remember to check back more often. I love the simple little things people add that make me think, "Hey that's a great idea." like using the "For Sale" signs for template material. Keep updating John, I love seeing what you and Ian do. Your guy's work style and idea's have so much to offer for us DIY types. You'll never now how many people you inadvertently help on their project just by sharing your pic's and experience.

Here I go again, another build but this time a 21' Daytona

Updates??

any more progress? keep those pics coming.
    btw-looks great so far.

Name:  1004522_292691987538069_186114909_n.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  150.9 KB test 123 123

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Updates??
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAWNY View Post
    any more progress? keep those pics coming.
    btw-looks great so far.
    Sorry guys. Yah, I'm way behind on this thread.

I'll try to update it.

We got the pump in and I have to hand it to my son for the killer pump plates. They're 3 piece plates with the one mounted to the transom permanent and they really turned out great.

Also picked up some of the most obnoxiously neon pink powdercoated swim steps off of a guy. Got the powder coating stripped and then polished them up. Much better

Last edited by jrork; 09-02-2013 at 06:29 AM.

And lastly, we had set a goal to attend a big performance boat show in town. We had to be there at 10:00 on July 27th.
    Well, on Wednesday night the 24th, the pump was still in pieces, there was no rubrail, we still needed to mount the headers and hook up the exhaust, finish plumbing and some wiring, get a driveshaft built, hook up the cables and install the interior. Oh, and a million other things.

Tony Skagen at Skagen Boats was great and did a bunch of work on the impeller and put the pump together. We picked it up and raced home where we got it bolted up to the intake and installed and sealed up the plates only to realize after all that that the pump had a slight noise and needed to go back to Tony on Thursday morning. Got it back to him the next day and he dropped everything and was able to fine tune it a bit to get that little noise to go away. Thanks again Tony!

Anyhow, the thrash was on and we fired it late Friday afternoon for the first time and celebrated a complete boat.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...1650158&type=3

And by late Friday night we were essentially done. While we would like to say the fireworks were set off by the city for our accomplishment, it was probably for the big festival that was kicking off (which the boat show was part of).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...1650158&type=3