Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Anyhow, we got a few hours of sleep and then got up early to try to clean all the fingerprints off the old girl and at 9:00 am we floated it for the first time. Wow! We did we have some leaks as in our haste, we forgot to seal the rub rail and the plates and cables leaked too. Oh well, who cares, we were off.

Long story short, it was a fantastic time. Best part was in the midst of all those beautiful offshore performance boats, our little boat was very well received and we even won a trophy!

And probably my favorite picture of my son Ian and I. In previous boat builds, I did the bulk of the work and he assisted but on this build, I have to say the roles were reversed and I couldn't be prouder of him.

Anyhow, we really didn't want to run it hard as this was it's maiden voyage but we did run it a bit and the ride is incredible. The rideplate needed to be dropped and we'll do some fine tuning this coming weekend.

And now the last update,

The old girl had never been buffed and it looked it. Ian color sanded it with 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper and then went after it with the buffer.

Thanks again for the kind words. With luck we're gonna get some numbers and tuning done at the big Skagen End of Summer Bash where we'll be joined with hundreds of other jet, v-drives and a few outboards and outdrives.

John

Hope to hear good things about this machine when we show up on Friday!! Nice work John and Ian!

WMC
    Looks like a great time.

Have fun John, can't wait to see some pics and to see what kind of #'s you and Ian put down.

Boat turned out great for having some of my spare parts haha great job Rork's

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Attachment 16369 test 123 123
    Hey Hey Hey

We got a V-Drive in the Just Jets forum. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    Anyhow, we got a few hours of sleep and then got up early to try to clean all the fingerprints off the old girl and at 9:00 am we floated it for the first time. Wow! We did we have some leaks as in our haste, we forgot to seal the rub rail and the plates and cables leaked too. Oh well, who cares, we were off.

Long story short, it was a fantastic time. Best part was in the midst of all those beautiful offshore performance boats, our little boat was very well received and we even won a trophy!

And probably my favorite picture of my son Ian and I. In previous boat builds, I did the bulk of the work and he assisted but on this build, I have to say the roles were reversed and I couldn't be prouder of him.

Anyhow, we really didn't want to run it hard as this was it's maiden voyage but we did run it a bit and the ride is incredible. The rideplate needed to be dropped and we'll do some fine tuning this coming weekend.

Looks bad a..! Came a long way congrats!

Turned out great, good job

Great job! Looks like a runner!