Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    You did some fine work there fella, especially the new stringers and floor work
    But I have a question...for engine location, what was the deciding factor?

Thanks HD. Engine location came from alot of discussion with Chris at B1 Racing along with knowledge of how we boat and this hull. Chris wanted it as far forward as we could get it and would prefer 24" from the transom as a starting point. This is a lite layup Daytona with a hull weight of 691 lbs rigged with steering, gauges and misc stuff.
    At the other end of the spectrum is Jan and I really want a good family rig that we could enjoy with the grandkids. So, we settled at 23" from the transom. We have a short blower snout and blower hub in the shop and may consider installing that and moving things around but to be honest, I just wanted to build a good cruiser with a bit of a bite. As is, it should fit that bill nicely IMO..

Boat is coming out very nice All of your hard work is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    Thanks HD. Engine location came from alot of discussion with Chris at B1 Racing along with knowledge of how we boat and this hull. Chris wanted it as far forward as we could get it and would prefer 24" from the transom as a starting point. This is a lite layup Daytona with a hull weight of 691 lbs rigged with steering, gauges and misc stuff.
    At the other end of the spectrum is Jan and I really want a good family rig that we could enjoy with the grandkids. So, we settled at 23" from the transom. We have a short blower snout and blower hub in the shop and may consider installing that and moving things around but to be honest, I just wanted to build a good cruiser with a bit of a bite. As is, it should fit that bill nicely IMO..
    what i'm curious about is......you have a MASTER in your backyard with 21ft daytona, why you'd call three states over for advice is quite baffling. Have you talked with tony at all??? what did tony have to say about it? I'd say he might have to take the "nod" when it comes to setting up a 21 in my humble opinion.
    be safe, ron

Thanks guys. RonDayne. Is this THE Rondayne from the old days? Hope so. It was always interesting watching the traffic your posts provided.

Tony is a great resource and provided us some great tips on cutting and setting the intake (I neglected go mention him). How we ended up with Chris was really quite simple. The stock intake was a gift from a good friend down there and since he was going to B1 for somethimg else, he offered to drop it off with Chris while he was at it. Worked for me. Chris in turn cut it and built a shoe and shims based on our description of the boat and what were looking for it to do. No knock towards Tony whatsoever. In fact, I was just over at Tonys a couple weeks ago picking up some parts. I need to make another trip over once everything is powdercoated amd pick up some more goodies

Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    Thanks guys. RonDayne. Is this THE Rondayne from the old days? Hope so. It was always interesting watching the traffic your posts provided.
    Tony is a great resource and provided us some great tips on cutting and setting the intake (I neglected go mention him). How we ended up with Chris was really quite simple. The stock intake was a gift from a good friend down there and since he was going to B1 for somethimg else, he offered to drop it off with Chris while he was at it. Worked for me. Chris in turn cut it and built a shoe and shims based on our description of the boat and what were looking for it to do. No knock towards Tony whatsoever. In fact, I was just over at Tonys a couple weeks ago picking up some parts. I need to make another trip over once everything is powdercoated amd pick up some more goodies
    i very well could be him. got some mod issues with infocaliforniac over at the "other" site. The "mod" tag has gotten to his head and he wants to play politics. Doesnt want "meaningful" discussion and opinions that stem "outside" the box. Just biased cheerleader stuff ya know. I just hope to stay long enough to make this site different and make EVERYONE come back and more importantly get all the "GURUS" to post and provide us meanful input, not just CERTAIN ones. right tom? Congrats on your OWN section btw. You more than deserve it!:thumbsup:
    Hey btw, my bud has a holey 9 vein bowl, if i post the pictures and have a good story like raysoncraft, think i can get a replacement? I promise i'll give you all the praise you need. Only fair right?

He's a shit disturber from PB that goes around bashing one of the vendors. He's taken it upon himself to be the leading expert on who to buy from. The guy has some definite personal issues.

I hope he doesn't screw up your thread. You guys have a great thing going with that Daytona.
    Last edited by wolfie; 04-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Ronda yne called him out, but John did a great job of explaining the situation. Not that he should have to. Anyone who knows John, knows what a stand up kinda guy he is.

I've actually had the distinct pleasure of meeting John, and yes, he is a stand up guy. Both he and his son are class acts!!!

When we raced at Black Lake in 2010 he and Ian came down and watched.
    Maybe we'll get to see them again at Burley if we make it this year.