Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    John, that is awesome you guys are doing a hell of a job, if I weren't so far away I'd be dropping off one of my LP's for you to practice on!..

Quote Originally Posted by GoFastRacer View Post
    Hmmmmmmm....:disillusionment:

Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    I know Art, look at the type of riffraff they're letting in.

Looks great Jeff. Let's see more!
    Someone has to keep you oldtimers on your toes around here.

The boat looks great John, it definetly went to a good home. Cant wait to see it on the water.

The exhaust has to be favorate part. Verry cool idea !!

Ok John, we know you got skills so quit showing off! I finally saw some saw dust in one of the very last pictures you posted. Most restos of this level don't look this clean like you could eat off the floors when the rest of us do them! It's OK buddy, show us the "other" pictures, you know the ones you took before you made Ian clean the boat for the photo shoot. Very nice work! Is your blower motor going in this boat?

VERY cool looking project
    RSCHAP1

Thanks everyone for the kind words. If my son and I can do this, anybody can. Trust me, I make more than my fair share of mistakes.
    As far as motor, I'm going to use my blower motor Barry Obler of Obnoxious Racing Engines built me a few years back.

For a pump, I've got a Berk pump that I need to figure out how to rebuild and will be spinning a AA stainless impeller. The intake was machined by Chris Starkweather of B1 racing and he built us a really nice custom backcut shoe and some blended shims. Also got a rideplate too.

Austin Cole of AHP Powdercoating sent me a bunch of different color samples and we taped them to the boat. Jan and I sat and staired at them for hours trying to find the right color

The color we settled on is Illusion Red and matches one of the colors of the boat really well. Plus it's got some nice small metallic in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Propless View Post
    Someone has to keep you oldtimers on your toes around here.
    Right...

Awesome thread so far!

Thank you very much. We've become sidelined momentarily with a little project for a friend but still hope to get mine in the water next summer.
    Last edited by jrork; 11-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Wow, awesome work so far guys. Love the look of the floor, came out killer. keep it up

Thanks so much, but just wait till you see what's going on here now. LOL......