Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Since the boat is stored outdoors I would imagine Teak would require even more maintenance.

I Like the idea of the platform extending across the whole stern. I find it comes in handy when chilling on the water and sitting across the back.

The platform sits right above the jet so it was wet all the time so I am not sure if head would be an issue.
    However, what I would find concerning regarding the billet ones with the slots would be getting a Toe stuck and broke while diving off or getting in....Lord knows there are times when the alcohol kicks in and I am not too cautious lol.
    my teak one I have now has just as big of slots as those do and myself and wife and grand kids never got stuck lol but I guess it could happen

Swim Platform needed...

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Since the boat is stored outdoors I would imagine Teak would require even more maintenance.

I Like the idea of the platform extending across the whole stern. I find it comes in handy when chilling on the water and sitting across the back.

The platform sits right above the jet so it was wet all the time so I am not sure if head would be an issue.
    However, what I would find concerning regarding the billet ones with the slots would be getting a Toe stuck and broke while diving off or getting in....Lord knows there are times when the alcohol kicks in and I am not too cautious lol.
    I had the same concern about toes getting stuck, now that I have them my concern pretty much went away.

Swim Platform needed...

Quote Originally Posted by 454 blue boat View Post
    Tell me more ,Why would they get hot when water is almost always on them isn't it rubber or is it some thing else and if you did get the rubber would it last along time and is there any chance that the rubber could come off .let my know thxs. I haven't talked to anyone that dose have the non skid
    They sit a lil higher than you'd think. And since your filling the holes with rubber, less water splashes through them making them wet. How about when the boat is on the trailer? Do you board, load/unload the boat via swim step?

Re: Swim Platform needed...

Worried about the rubber getting hot, but not the billett aluminum?:what::

If it is not in the water, it WILL burn you. Fiberglass will be a bit better, and teak better still. Most of the rollbar style boats have teak platforms. They are uncomfortably hot in the sun, but not as bad as the deck of the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    They sit a lil higher than you'd think. And since your filling the holes with rubber, less water splashes through them making them wet. How about when the boat is on the trailer? Do you board, load/unload the boat via swim step?
    thxs for the infor and no I don't load or unload from back only the sides my hull sits low on trailer and can easily stand on trailer and set stuff on the floor.so bottom line is if the billet ones are out of the water we would need to remember to splash water on them lol because my teak ones I have now are 1-1 1/2 off the water

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhippy View Post
    Worried about the rubber getting hot, but not the billett aluminum?:what::

If it is not in the water, it WILL burn you. Fiberglass will be a bit better, and teak better still. Most of the rollbar style boats have teak platforms. They are uncomfortably hot in the sun, but not as bad as the deck of the boat.
    Color.

Black gets much more hot than blue. The rubber will absorb more heat than billet.