Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Swim Platform needed...

Since the bottom of Parker is now home to my swim platform, I am in the market for a new one and looking for suggestions.

The old one was wood, coated in fiberglass. Guess the wood rotted and it popped off in the rough water.

Any how, not sure what to replace it with.

-Billet
    -Fiberglass
    -Teak (Someone suggested this to me at the river)

Suggestions for type and where to purchase would be appreciated!

these are what im going to replace mine with. they will last a life time

shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=swimsteps

copy and paste that url in your search .
    Last edited by 454 blue boat; 09-03-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner1984 View Post
    Since the bottom of Parker is now home to my swim platform, I am in the market for a new one and looking for suggestions.

The old one was wood, coated in fiberglass. Guess the wood rotted and it popped off in the rough water.

Any how, not sure what to replace it with.

-Billet
    -Fiberglass
    -Teak (Someone suggested this to me at the river)

Suggestions for type and where to purchase would be appreciated!
    I see them on craigs list all the time

teak is cool but maintainceName:  teak restored 001.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  69.0 KBName:  teak restored 002.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  66.4 KBName:  teak restored 003.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  54.2 KB

Teak is too much maintenance. The dual billet steps looks the best IMO, I have that now. I had a fiberglass step that went all the way across the transom on my old boat. Although I hated the way it looked, it was very usable and the nonskid was nice.

and the nonskid was nice.

they do make the billet ones with a rubber non skid witch is nice and you can get them to go all the way across or single per side they do cost but once you have them its like having a 10 ct.diamond stone on your wifes finger for us guys lol

Quote Originally Posted by 454 blue boat View Post
    and the nonskid was nice.

they do make the billet ones with a rubber non skid witch is nice and you can get them to go all the way across or single per side they do cost but once you have them its like having a 10 ct.diamond stone on your wifes finger for us guys lol
    The only thing I never liked about those inserts is that they're black so they'll get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguyeddie View Post
    The only thing I never liked about those inserts is that they're black so they'll get hot.
    Tell me more ,Why would they get hot when water is almost always on them isn't it rubber or is it some thing else and if you did get the rubber would it last along time and is there any chance that the rubber could come off .let my know thxs. I haven't talked to anyone that dose have the non skid

Since the boat is stored outdoors I would imagine Teak would require even more maintenance.

I Like the idea of the platform extending across the whole stern. I find it comes in handy when chilling on the water and sitting across the back.

The platform sits right above the jet so it was wet all the time so I am not sure if head would be an issue.
    However, what I would find concerning regarding the billet ones with the slots would be getting a Toe stuck and broke while diving off or getting in....Lord knows there are times when the alcohol kicks in and I am not too cautious lol.

I know DILLIGAF had one made back in the day for his boat. I know I see them advertised, mainly for Cigarettes........