Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Proud father here.

My son is 25 and currently a mechanical engineer in aerospace. A while back he started talking about going back to school to get his master degree in mathematics. He just started back a couple of weeks ago and is working full time and going to school four nights a week. We haven’t seen each other much since he started back and today he sent me a text asking if I wanted to get together for dinner, of course I said yes.

I ended up taking him to my favorite seafood place and listing to him during dinner you could hear and see the excitement in his new venture. After dinner we came back to the house and hung out for a few but he couldn’t stay too long because he had to get up for work. I gave him some fruit and a few other things and sent him home.

After he got home he sent me a text tanking me agin for dinner and had some other nice things to say. We sent a couple of messages back and forth and below is his last text to me.

Dad you’ve kept my ass in line for many years now and I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for your guidance and support. I look up to you more than you’ll ever know and I’m damn grateful that you’re my old man. Love you too dude.

Before I could finish reading the message the tears were flowing.

I am so proud of him and just want to tell anyone who will listen so I had to share.

Best part about it is he's doing it on his own dime this time.......

Awesome and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Awesome and congrats!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    Thank you.
    Now I'm gonna need to make a call tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Now I'm gonna need to make a call tomorrow!

Proud father here.

Doesn't it feel good to have raised good kids! That wasn't an accident. It's hard work and a pain In the ass sometimes. But when you see them succeed, well, that's your reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Doesn't it feel good to have raised good kids! That wasn't an accident. It's hard work and a pain In the ass sometimes. But when you see them succeed, well, that's your reward.
    Absolutely!

You should be proud. Reading that brought a tear to my eye too. Good job dad.

Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    My son is 25 and currently a mechanical engineer in aerospace. A while back he started talking about going back to school to get his master degree in mathematics. He just started back a couple of weeks ago and is working full time and going to school four nights a week. We haven’t seen each other much since he started back and today he sent me a text asking if I wanted to get together for dinner, of course I said yes.

I ended up taking him to my favorite seafood place and listing to him during dinner you could hear and see the excitement in his new venture. After dinner we came back to the house and hung out for a few but he couldn’t stay too long because he had to get up for work. I gave him some fruit and a few other things and sent him home.

After he got home he sent me a text tanking me agin for dinner and had some other nice things to say. We sent a couple of messages back and forth and below is his last text to me.

Dad you’ve kept my ass in line for many years now and I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for your guidance and support. I look up to you more than you’ll ever know and I’m damn grateful that you’re my old man. Love you too dude.

Before I could finish reading the message the tears were flowing.

I am so proud of him and just want to tell anyone who will listen so I had to share.

Best part about it is he's doing it on his own dime this time.......

Proud father here.

Way to go dad.. And congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck