Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 270 View Post
    My son is 25 and currently a mechanical engineer in aerospace. A while back he started talking about going back to school to get his master degree in mathematics. He just started back a couple of weeks ago and is working full time and going to school four nights a week. We haven’t seen each other much since he started back and today he sent me a text asking if I wanted to get together for dinner, of course I said yes.

I ended up taking him to my favorite seafood place and listing to him during dinner you could hear and see the excitement in his new venture. After dinner we came back to the house and hung out for a few but he couldn’t stay too long because he had to get up for work. I gave him some fruit and a few other things and sent him home.

After he got home he sent me a text tanking me agin for dinner and had some other nice things to say. We sent a couple of messages back and forth and below is his last text to me.

Dad you’ve kept my ass in line for many years now and I wouldn’t be where I am now if it wasn’t for your guidance and support. I look up to you more than you’ll ever know and I’m damn grateful that you’re my old man. Love you too dude.

Before I could finish reading the message the tears were flowing.

I am so proud of him and just want to tell anyone who will listen so I had to share.

Best part about it is he's doing it on his own dime this time.......
    your a good Dad buddy, you took the time to worry about your sons future, even when it didn't matter that much to him..
    wish there were more dads like you to go around..

WMC

Re: Proud father here.

Good job. I hope I get one of those text some day

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Topless View Post
    You should be proud. Reading that brought a tear to my eye too. Good job dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Elements View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Way to go dad.. And congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER View Post
    your a good Dad buddy, you took the time to worry about your sons future, even when it didn't matter that much to him..
    wish there were more dads like you to go around..
    Quote Originally Posted by WMC View Post
    Good job. I hope I get one of those text some day

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    Thank you for the kind words guys.

Wendi
    You brought me to tears with this!! Congratulations to you for being a great father and to your son for his awesome venture. How proud you must be!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    You brought me to tears with this!! Congratulations to you for being a great father and to your son for his awesome venture. How proud you must be!!!
    Thank you Wendi.

Re: Proud father here.

That is something to be proud of for sure. Nice work!

Tapatalk 4.0

That is awesome, one of the greater things in life.... truly.

270 is a great guy and a great friend!

My son is 14 now and everyone around him always has great things to say.
    I know that he gives me every reason in the world to be REAL proud.
    But...we do butt heads more and more as he is getting "too big for his britches".
    HE is a good guy and seems like I have to work harder and harder to keep him that way.
    I FEAR his resenting me but not as much as I fear him turning into a POS like a few neighbor kids.

CONGRATS on your son, his achievements, attitude, and his recognizing your influence!!
    RSCHAP1

Quote Originally Posted by rivermobster View Post
    That is something to be proud of for sure. Nice work! :thumbup:

Tapatalk 4.0
    Thank you mobster.

Quote Originally Posted by Her454 View Post
    That is awesome, one of the greater things in life.... truly.
    It really is and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER View Post
    270 is a great guy and a great friend!
    Steve when I think about all the hours and hours of time I’ve spent on boating forums getting the opportunity to know you and Sue and call you two our friends has made it all worthwhile. Lisa and I have had some great times with you guys and we always look forward to the next adventure.

You my friend are the real deal!

Now go and give Sue a big kiss for me…… :)

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    My son is 14 now and everyone around him always has great things to say.
    I know that he gives me every reason in the world to be REAL proud.
    But...we do butt heads more and more as he is getting "too big for his britches".
    HE is a good guy and seems like I have to work harder and harder to keep him that way.
    I FEAR his resenting me but not as much as I fear him turning into a POS like a few neighbor kids.

CONGRATS on your son, his achievements, attitude, and his recognizing your influence!!
    My son is from my first marriage and we devoiced when he was two years old. When he turned 10 he moved in with me and things were ok up to about 15, that’s when he got in with the wrong crowd started using drugs and so on. I never gave up and just kept fighting to get him on the right track, managed to get him to finish up school then sent him off to college.

His first year of college was a complete waste of my money and I almost threw in the towel but kept fighting. By the second year he was pulling a 4.0 GPA and continued that until he graduated. He ended up graduating with a 3.8 GPA but could have pulled off a 4.0 had it not been for that first year, the rest is history.

Probably the toughest job I’ve ever done and things could have easily gone the other way if I didn’t stay on top of it.

Hang in there brother and keep fighting the good fight and I’m sure things will end up on a positive note.

Thanks for the kind words.