Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Does Hot Boat have any update on why the September Poll is ending early, on 9/18/2013 - in lieu of the end of the month 9/30/2013?

WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdog Racing View Post
    Does Hot Boat have any update on why the September Poll is ending early, on 9/18/2013 - in lieu of the end of the month 9/30/2013?
    Hi UR, sorry for the delay. HB of the month entries are for the entire month, voting polls are open for 15 days. We found keeping the polls open longer didn't make a difference. Once the winner is announced then the prize is ordered, the winner's boat is featured on the home page for 30 days until the next boat for the next month is announced and so on and so forth. That is how we have been doing it for a while. The reason for the 25 posts is because in the past there were some discrepancies in the results. Also we want the voters to come on the boards and like what they see and stay for the long run, post, etc. I hope this answer your questions and concerns. Wendi

Thank's for the feed back Wendi

I saw that you guys are doing different 'categories' of boats now.... is it just going to be 25' and Over & 25' and Under...? I would think if you are going to take the winners and turn this into some type of HOTBOAT Calendar at the end each year (WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!) then you could have categories for 12 months worth;

1. 16'-18' FULL RACE BOATS
    2. 16'-18' CUSTOMS
    3. 19'-21' FULL RACE BOATS
    4. 19'-21' CUSTOMS
    5. 22'-30' FULL RACE BOATS
    6. 25'-30' CUSTOMS/CRUISERS
    7. 31'- 55' FULLRACE/OFFSHORE
    8. 31'- 55' CUSTOMS/CRUISER
    9. ANY SIZE ALL WOODIE CRUISER BOAT
    10. ANY SIZE WOOD DECKER BOAT
    11. BEST OF ONLINE PHOTO CHOICE
    12. BEST OF HOTBOAT RACE VENUE SHOTS
    Last edited by ptc; 11-13-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Wendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    I saw that you guys are doing different 'categories' of boats now.... is it just going to be 25' and Over & 25' and Under...? I would think if you are going to take the winners and turn this into some type of HOTBOAT Calendar at the end each year (WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!) then you could have categories for 12 months worth;

1. 16'-18' FULL RACE BOATS
    2. 16'-18' CUSTOMS
    3. 19'-21' FULL RACE BOATS
    4. 19'-21' CUSTOMS
    5. 22'-30' FULL RACE BOATS
    6. 25'-30' CUSTOMS/CRUISERS
    7. 31'- 55' FULLRACE/OFFSHORE
    8. 31'- 55' CUSTOMS/CRUISER
    9. ANY SIZE ALL WOODIE CRUISER BOAT
    10. ANY SIZE WOOD DECKER BOAT
    11. BEST OF ONLINE PHOTO CHOICE
    12. BEST OF HOTBOAT RACE VENUE SHOTS
    Great ideas we will take that into consideration. I think we did the November category because the bigger guys weren't submitting with the smaller boats. We wanted to give them a chance to win as well. But yes we will consider this for sure. Thanks ptc

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Please note new hotboat of the month rules: www.hotboat.com reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time without notice. You may only vote for your boat one (1) time. If you are caught voting multiple times (using multiple accounts or otherwise) you will be disqualified and will no longer be eligible to enter your boat for this contest. In order to vote, you must have a minimum of twenty-five (25) posts anywhere on this site. We are doing this to discourage anyone from voting for their boat more than 1X. A maximum of ten (10) boats may be entered, with a minimum of three (3) boats. You may only win one (1) time per year. And in order to receive your prize (a very nicely www.hotboat.com embroidered AO Cooler) you must be the current owner of the boat. We are also now requiring you to submit some information along with your photos: 1. Year, make and model of your boat. 2. Engine/drive specifications. 3. History of the boat (if you know it). 4. Some brief details on the build or re-build if possible. Good luck to each of you!!
    I personally think that the 25 minimum post to vote makes it really tough for older fokes that aren't too computer savy to get in there. JMO

WESTERNAERO
    Quote Originally Posted by JYeager View Post
    I personally think that the 25 minimum post to vote makes it really tough for older fokes that aren't too computer savy to get in there. JMO
    Just go around and reply to a bunch of threads with these guys >>>>>>>

I apologize but it is necessary to somewhat keep things as fair as possible. It deters people from making multiple accounts for voting purposes.

That comment represents alot of people in here.... we are all OLD!!!! and we do just fine thank you very much!!!! Keyboards have been around for quite a while.... maybe electricity hasnt but I think you get the drift..... right VIC ....
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ptc View Post
    That comment represents alot of people in here.... we are all OLD!!!! and we do just fine thank you very much!!!! Keyboards have been around for quite a while.... maybe electricity hasnt but I think you get the drift..... right VIC ....
    Keyboard? whats that? I use a touch device LOL