Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It's a cool deal seeing the other members boats ......

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    I say you change it to members must have 100+ min. posts before they can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    No cost factor at all we enjoy doing this and seeing the members that have won showing off their cooler! The past few months we've noticed multiple members under one IP address and none of those members have ever come back to the site. We want this to bring more members that want to participate and enjoy the site like we do. I think 100 plus posts is a bit much. But please continue with your feedback we really appreciate it!!
    Ask for that cooler back,, and figure how to limit voting to one vote per IP address.

It's a cool idea, unfortunately some or many may be winning by getting their friends' votes(I have seen threads on other sites asking for help). Looks like some pretty cool boats are getting very small numbers of votes.

The issue with limiting IP addresses is an issue. Static IP's are everywhere. Even your home can have routers with multiple computers and one IP. That means we would limit membership to one person per household or one person per office building. I do not want to do that. I have no problem with recruiting people to join the site and vote for your boat. The problem is that really isn't what we intended on doing. Sure we want you to win, but we also want to win. We win by bringing in members who sign up, start new threads or post to existing threads and stay involved. Simply signing up to vote then falling off the planet is not a win for us. I'm still leaning toward raising the minimum post count. That Gothalos had a great idea, a little extreme as we're still a new site, but in the future 100 post minimum is absolutely not out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The issue with limiting IP addresses is an issue. Static IP's are everywhere. Even your home can have routers with multiple computers and one IP.
    Saving this post for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Saving this post for future reference.
    lol, yeah I know.

Keep it for a while. Your still new. Kill it in 6 months if it's still doing no good.

Personally I like the idea of "Hotboat of the Month". Most of the boats are highly customized and display a serious pride of ownership much like a classic car does. It looks as though it may be drawing new members in since HB is getting pretty good traction recently. That said, the idea GH put out should keep it fair and square.

edit, 100 post may be too high.

I vote to kick it to the curb now. That way the original handfull of coolers will be worth top dollar on E-Bay......

I say a little reform and keep it. It brought me to the site to vote and now I check it everyday for my daily dose of thumper talk craigslist and now hot boat. Just my two cents I say a panel of 10 of the members with most posts that own a boat but each judge must own a boat and each one has a different style boat maybe a day cruiser one a flat one a runner one hydro one racer outboard etc to make it fair.