Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Some sites that I am a member of require 10 posts before you can Private Message so that sounds like a good number to me to vote. It would be cool if you guys could come up with a readers ride type of deal or an article on the boat after they win.

Maybe turn it into a "readers ride" thread rather than a contest.
    Hand out some prizes and goodies if you or a bunch of members think the ride is worthy.
    It is nice that you democracy is allowed to rule, but if it turns into a headache...
    or select a comittee to elect the winner each month and everyone can accept that personal bias is included.
    RSCHAP1

Wendi
    New entry rules and voting rules will be posted shortly. We are revamping.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    Some sites that I am a member of require 10 posts before you can Private Message so that sounds like a good number to me to vote. It would be cool if you guys could come up with a readers ride type of deal or an article on the boat after they win.
    Articles on past HBOTM winners can be found here:

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/articles.php?c=109

Quote Originally Posted by GotHalos View Post
    Articles on past HBOTM winners can be found here:

http://www.hotboat.com/frm/articles.php?c=109
    I could be wrong but If I remember right I think I only read four articles. What I was getting at is that all of the winners should have articles or at least a readers ride type deal.

I vote for Pedro.

Name:  tumblr_lsh5rzF7id1r36me9o1_500.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  132.1 KB

Unforgiven
    I say keep it up the voters have to up their post count..I have co-workers who joined but only lurk..but they voted...make it like a min 25 posts before you can vote.....BTW WE LOVE OUR COOLER

Wendi

Hotboat of the month - keep it, or kick it to the curb?

Quote Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
    I could be wrong but If I remember right I think I only read four articles. What I was getting at is that all of the winners should have articles or at least a readers ride type deal.
    Yes your right we will do readers rides on all winners we have done a few but no all.

Is there a way to see users activity? Maybe see if they have been active within a week or so prior to voting, then they can cast a vote. This would limit the people just signing up and voting??? Also gets away from the min. post issue. I know I was lurking for a bit before actually posting anything....

I'm more of a lurker I enjoy this site and seeing other people's boats and reading the different post and throwing out a comment now and then.......This is just Me so more than likely I'll never have a high post count.......Besides I just have a old boat and a pontoon
    Last edited by Beautiful Noise; 08-28-2013 at 04:26 PM.