Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Steve, I think you really are crazy. Good friend of mine just had those straps bust on him up at Mead a couple of weekends ago. Had his kids in the boat when it happened. He caught in a monsoon and they broke.

Now you're running 80 with those cheesy cloth straps?

No way dude. No way. Get rid of those things and stay safe.

Tapatalk 4.0

The straps on my 24 DCB went exactly 73MPH once. After that they never saw 60. The cheesy SS bimini I had on the Playcraft went 45 once before the bimini tried to leave the boat. $4300 later it now has a bimini that can do 55. Don't do it man.

those aren't the cheesy straps, probley 2000lb straps...the straps work better than the poles...also they put conduit in side
    of the stainless...
    another thing it is 60% screen ...
    most of the problems with bimini's is how they are mounted and the angle..... plus they are way too high...

I've seen them look like parachutes .....

in the video, we had at least 30mph head winds....

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The straps on my 24 DCB went exactly 73MPH once. After that they never saw 60. The cheesy SS bimini I had on the Playcraft went 45 once before the bimini tried to leave the boat. $4300 later it now has a bimini that can do 55. Don't do it man.
    how fast would 2' bimini go vs a 6'?????

Quote Originally Posted by PLAYER View Post
    those aren't the cheesy straps, probley 2000lb straps...the straps work better than the poles...also they put conduit in side
    of the stainless...
    another thing it is 60% screen ...
    most of the problems with bimini's is how they are mounted and the angle..... plus they are way too high...

I've seen them look like parachutes .....

in the video, we had at least 30mph head winds....
    The net bimini will definitely go faster than fabric. One of my straps tore apart, when it tore the hook on the opposite side opened up like the Governments wallet in the thick of a recession

watch this video,notice the bimini is level with the water.,,, so it doesn't pack air

My bimini say 45 mph max on a small tag. I was running another F-29 a few weeks back and the idiot was running 110 with his top up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    The net bimini will definitely go faster than fabric. One of my straps tore apart, when it tore the hook on the opposite side opened up like the Governments wallet in the thick of a recession
    that's another thing, can't use tose wire hooks.... gotta use the forged ones
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Patyacht View Post
    My bimini say 45 mph max on a small tag. I was running another F-29 a few weeks back and the idiot was running 110 with his top up.
    so you're say'n my hallett will never go fast enough ,,,lol...

damn, your set up sure looked cool sat..... smart move to wait it out....we got pounded try'n to get to the channel...

the top was nice to slow the rain down....but we got drenched,...say high to your pretty wife from sue and I

Quote Originally Posted by Patyacht View Post
    oh and thanks for posting....

how bout a pic of that bad ass truck and dcb????