View Poll Results: Vote For Hotboat September (must have 25 posts min to vote)

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 5.06%
  • 6 7.59%
  • 14 17.72%
  • 1 1.27%
  • 19 24.05%
  • 3 3.80%
  • 9 11.39%
  • 1 1.27%
  • 9 11.39%
  • 13 16.46%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    You had that thing fully aired and on the limiter for a mile last weekend very nice to see a tunnel driven like a rented mule ! As far as the contest try a little Malox ...
    I love running my boat But I had a lot of pedal left. Running a non labbed prop makes it act very strange

Hotboat of the month september submit here (must have 25 posts to vote)

And you can wear your hat forward with no risk of it falling off!

Hot Boat/Wendi, What is the purpose of this contest? It seems to be a hassle for you guys to admin so there must be a reason for you to continue the contest.

If the purpose is to help with active membership, 25 posts to vote is doing just the opposite. I know several boaters who tried to vote, registered and got told they need 25 posts to vote. I doubt they will be back.

If the purpose is to see more boat pictures, why do you need the contest. You are putting the contest on Facebook. Instead market the site on Facebook as a boat picture repository.

Why have a contest?
    Last edited by cruzer; 09-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer View Post
    Hot Boat/Wendi, What is the purpose of this contest?
    The purpose of this contest, bottom line, is to get people and keep people interested in the site. This is why WMC & Wendi give out a very nice AO cooler every month. It also lets the contestants show off their boats. Kinda cool being Hotboat of the month. So recognition for the contestant/boat, and recognition for hotboat.com. We do not charge to enter the contest, its absolutely, 100% free. Not much downside really. All we ask in return is that each participant vote for their boat once and 1x only. We want to keep it as fair as possible without being too intrusive.

Sounds like a kind of cool and fun idea and a free cooler to boot, maybe I'll get in sometime, good job, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer View Post
    Hot Boat/Wendi, What is the purpose of this contest? It seems to be a hassle for you guys to admin so there must be a reason for you to continue the contest.

If the purpose is to help with active membership, 25 posts to vote is doing just the opposite. I know several boaters who tried to vote, registered and got told they need 25 posts to vote. I doubt they will be back.

If the purpose is to see more boat pictures, why do you need the contest. You are putting the contest on Facebook. Instead market the site on Facebook as a boat picture repository.

Why have a contest?
    Looks like you edited you post. So here's the deal. Facebook, IG, etc are all cool sites. And each has its purpose. Hotboat.com also has its purpose. So please do not confuse the two. Why have a contest? simple. So people can enter their boat, for free, and have the chance to win a pretty cool AO cooler. You don't have to enter your boat, its entirely up to you. The reason behind the 25 posts is to make the contest as fair as possible. As I've said a few times before, I would prefer people sign up and stay engaged in the site. Having someone create an ID for the purpose of voting only, does nothing for hotboat.com. I'm sure you can understand this is somewhat of a business. The costs and fees associated with keeping any site up an running isn't cheap. To make the site attractive for our advertisers, we need members and visitors. I hope this answers your questions. If not, please feel free to pm me and I will do my best to clarify. Thank you. HB

WMC

Re: Hotboat of the month september submit here (must have 25 posts to vote)

Here's the black and white. We wouldn't have a problem if some people would vote 1x not make up 50 users name under one IP address to win a cooler. Its a pain in the ass to have to check IP to see who did what.

1. Enter your boat
    2. Vote 1x
    3. Win a cooler

sent from the best phone on earth

Some nice boats here for sure. Next month will be 25' and under as well, so November will be the first 26' and larger boats. So if you haven't entered your 25' and under in October, you should get it in now. Good luck all.

Wendi
    Our members need your votes. We have a close race going on 2 days left, please help them by participating. Thanks

Great looking TX .