Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotboat View Post
    Lol don't you bankers always round us up??
    The sales guys do. The credit admins always seem to round down.

Well I took the RV to the shop to get some warranty work done and some of the stuff I negotiated at purchase to be done at a later time. Overall, it was a successful trip. Left my wallet at home so I can't calculate mileage like I wanted to and I need someone to buy me lunch!

A few things I learned:
    Driving with no windshield wipers in a moonsoon downpoor sucks when your windshield is flat.
    Accidently pulling the black tank valve really really reall really sucks! It got caught in the cap but you know that cap has to come off to attach the drain hose. I now put my hose elsewhere so it doesn't catch that handle when pulling it out of the compartment.
    There is a speed governor at 77 miles per hour. The only time that going 77mph is acceptable is with a tail wind.
    Hydraulic jacks rock!
    There are always bigger fish out there although I don't think I'd buy a Monaco even if I could. Who am I kidding. Yes I would.
    Again, pulling the black tank valve really really really really sucks when not ready.
    My estimated miles per gallon was off just due to how much gas I see that I charged on my card.

I need another vacation!

Mateo's 3,000 Mile Adventure

This was a great ride-along Mateo.
    I've only had mine out once, Tucson to Havasu, I think gas mileage was 7, not towing.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Well I took the RV to the shop to get some warranty work done and some of the stuff I negotiated at purchase to be done at a later time. Overall, it was a successful trip. Left my wallet at home so I can't calculate mileage like I wanted to and I need someone to buy me lunch!

A few things I learned:
    Driving with no windshield wipers in a moonsoon downpoor sucks when your windshield is flat.
    Accidently pulling the black tank valve really really reall really sucks! It got caught in the cap but you know that cap has to come off to attach the drain hose. I now put my hose elsewhere so it doesn't catch that handle when pulling it out of the compartment.
    There is a speed governor at 77 miles per hour. The only time that going 77mph is acceptable is with a tail wind.
    Hydraulic jacks rock!
    There are always bigger fish out there although I don't think I'd buy a Monaco even if I could. Who am I kidding. Yes I would.
    Again, pulling the black tank valve really really really really sucks when not ready.
    My estimated miles per gallon was off just due to how much gas I see that I charged on my card.

I need another vacation!
    Don't you have a macerator in that beast?? Oh man you gotta get one. Best thing I never knew I bought. Its kinda disgusting to listen to it when its doing its magic, but its the best things since whip cream in a can as far as I'm concerned. And yeah, I agree on the hyd jacks. They work great!!

looks like a great family trip

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Trickle View Post
    looks like a great family trip
    One of the best! Crazy spending 10 days with kids 24/7 and then having to go back to work. The little boy was sad this morning wondering where I was going.

Good thread. Read the whole thing. Should have told me this was a play by play before you left. Motorhomes are the best, I have continuously owned a coach since I was 18, I am on #3 and will never got to tents or trailers again. There is much more to a vacation with the family than MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by wsuwrhr View Post
    There is much more to a vacation with the family than MPG.
    Absolutely.......but even though there is more to it, I'm still gonna calculate it, if not for myself, for Carbon. So my spreadsheet is attached. You will note the mileage is different because I did not fill up when I got home so I wrote down my mileage at the last station I knew to be filling up at which was just north of Vegas.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  36.4 KB

I would assume there was generator running time not calculated in here?

For Carbon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Absolutely.......but even though there is more to it, I'm still gonna calculate it, if not for myself, for Carbon. So my spreadsheet is attached. You will note the mileage is different because I did not fill up when I got home so I wrote down my mileage at the last station I knew to be filling up at which was just north of Vegas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I would assume there was generator running time not calculated in here?
    Something I didn't think of really, it is a lawnmower engine, but it still uses fuel Mateo.