Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Mateo's 3,000 Mile Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Absolutely.......but even though there is more to it, I'm still gonna calculate it, if not for myself, for Carbon. So my spreadsheet is attached. You will note the mileage is different because I did not fill up when I got home so I wrote down my mileage at the last station I knew to be filling up at which was just north of Vegas.

Attachment 14927
    Thanks Mateo, that about the same or better than I get. If you ran genset that's even better. Nice that you didn't encounter any over $4 also!
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I would assume there was generator running time not calculated in here?
    Good catch. Probably two gallons at most(four hours running time) which would equate to approxomately two hundredths of a mile per gallon. We had electical hookups in all locations and the only time we really had the generator running was going up hills such as the Grape Vine and Baker Hill and when parked in the lot when I was checking in to our places. We run a converter for the TV when driving.

Quote Originally Posted by wsuwrhr View Post
    For Carbon?
    Yeah....You see that guy that posted below yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    Thanks Mateo, that about the same or better than I get. If you ran genset that's even better. Nice that you didn't encounter any over $4 also!
    I said it before in this thread and I'll say it again. Get the GasBuddy App. Prevented many costly mistakes when it came to getting fuel. It felt like I had a headwind the entire trip. There were monsoons coming from the East when I was travelling East which brought an unneeded head wind where one usually wouldn't exist. This would generally be the opposite which would increase mileage.

And is all of Utah uphill? Both ways? And another fyi.....Utah's lowest octane is 85, not 87 like everywhere else! Gotta watch out for that!

GRADS
    Great thread and pics! Only 2.5 miles off on the title.

Classic!! How did you get that pic of me and the Mrs?

Yeah....You see that guy that posted below yours?

Noted.

Just bumping this up right before the next adventure. I don't have the route so I can't guess mileage yet but the new adventure is coming soon!

Travel snack of champions!Attachment 14054
    lol. Just picked up a couple more boxes of these for the trip. Loads of Girl Scout cookies too!

Just bumping this up right before the next adventure. I don't have the route so I can't guess mileage yet but the new adventure is coming soon!
    Looking forward to it, I enjoyed the thread last trip.

CH3NO2
    CH3NO2

GRADS
    Will this one take you through NorCal?

Quote Originally Posted by GRADS View Post
    Will this one take you through NorCal?
    Nope. Headin East on the 40 til I get about half way through the United States and back on the 10.