Question: Should Wraps be in this category?

Ok, short and sweet, I have been in love with drag boats as far as I can remember. My pops wouldn't let me run a boat so I never got to, now Im old now and in a different profression. I wrap cars for a living. Is wrapping a thing that might take off in the drag boat community?

I have wrapped a bunch of drag cars in my day, and my concern is that the wrap is weighting the car/ boat down. a typical car wrap weights about 30 pounds. With 8000 hp, is it even a thought.?

Quote Originally Posted by strauss Wraps View Post
    Ok, short and sweet, I have been in love with drag boats as far as I can remember. My pops wouldn't let me run a boat so I never got to, now Im old now and in a different profression. I wrap cars for a living. Is wrapping a thing that might take off in the drag boat community?

I have wrapped a bunch of drag cars in my day, and my concern is that the wrap is weighting the car/ boat down. a typical car wrap weights about 30 pounds. With 8000 hp, is it even a thought.?
    First, welcome to the site!

I've seen a few boats lately with wraps on them and I think it looked badass. Do you have any pictures of your work?

P.S. - I can move it to the Sandbar section if you want, may get more exposure.

Hi
    sorry I dont know much about wrapping other than brother in NZ just had his 6.7m aluminium boat wrapped. Well top half of the boat in Black. It cost him approx. approx. US$1700, and looks good
    The guy that wrapped the boat has started to do quite a few boats, and indicated the wrap was harder than the paint and took the banging and flexing of the hull better
    loaded a few picsName:  IMG_5375.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  131.0 KBName:  IMG_5500.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  109.6 KB

Wraps have shown their head around the race boat world. I have seen a few that don't hold up well to the 100+mph tearing away. Once it catches an edge, it starts to go. But then again, I don't know who did the installation and the quality of the product or install. The difference with boats and drag cars are boats commonly go 20 years on the same paint job. Not that common with real race cars. But certainly wouldn't mind seeing some first quality jobs around the boat world.