GRADS

What's the best way to ship propellers?

I need to possibly ship two propellers across country without them being damaged. What is the best way to go about this and how much do you think it would cost?

The ones I've received from Merc are box in a box. FedEx. Never had a problem.

Bubble wrap the ears and box in box
    1975 Sanger True Flat 496BBC
    http://v-drivecalifornia.blogspot.com/

I don't know if I would go to this much trouble for a bravo, but for a hot rod prop (or anything labbed), this is how they are shipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like to double box expensive stuff when I ship, and have enough space between the boxes that can be filled with some kind of protective packaging,, air pillows, peanuts, newspaper,, anything to protect the inner box and contents. Naturally the props need to be properly protected within the inner box as well.

What's the best way to ship propellers?

King, everything said above are spot on. The best protection you can buy is NOT use UPS, they fuck up everything they touch. Expect to pay $20-30 for each package. FedEx has a shipping calculator.
    CH3NO2

Quote Originally Posted by H2oSki2Fast View Post
    I don't know if I would go to this much trouble for a bravo, but for a hot rod prop (or anything labbed), this is how they are shipped.
    I do this exact same thing with support pillars in the corners so that when the lid is closed the wood cannot move even if flipped upside down...with a 3 blade prop if you move the hole slightly off center you can get the blades a little further from the sides of the box....

Another thing I do is line the box with a stiff closed cell foam helps keep the blades protected if the box gets crushed.....I know it sounds excessive but its really not that hard to do and youre only looking at spending $20-30 in materials and 30 minutes of your time to protect your investment...cheap insurance if you ask me...

If youre a performance boater that supports our troops then come check out the Mad Minute Racing Face Book gorup.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/493351710715413/