Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lake Havasu water levels

If the weather is in the mid 80's next weekend, I wanna go out there for one last trip.
    Someone was telling me that the lake water is extremely low because they're doing repairs to the Parker Dam. Is this true or BS? I wanna go boating!

It was low 2 weekends ago. Not sure why. No problem boating on Havasu though. Took the no wake side on the way to Topock.

I was pretty low last weekend.. Lower than I've seen it. Didn't stop me from boating though

I say go for it... I'm back out there this weekend

Havasu water levels have been at 447.5 ft (that's elevation, not depth) for the last couple weeks. That's a couple feet from full pool. It will probably be there for the next couple weeks. The story goes that the lake is going to drop around the end of November, but nobody seems to know the actual amount of drop. You can look up havasu water levels on the bureau of reclamation website for levels anytime of the year.

Going upriver is hard because the water is so muddy you cannot "read" it . All of the South side is fine but watch for obstacles that are getting taller! Once you get by the mouth of the river there are no problems. I would keep an ear open for peeps having problems on the CA side (no wake) side. So far I have not heard of any major problems. I would stick to that side if you want to go upriver. Have fun.

I would like to know as well. I am planning on going out next weekend and launch from the Marina. Does anyone know what the minimum boat size is right now? Any less than 30' and I am screwed as I don't like launching from Windsor.

Banned
    The water is back up to nomal now as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by kevnmcd View Post
    I would like to know as well. I am planning on going out next weekend and launch from the Marina. Does anyone know what the minimum boat size is right now? Any less than 30' and I am screwed as I don't like launching from Windsor.
    They let me in at the marina last weekend, but said the limit was 28'.... My trailer dropped off the ramp launching.. It's pretty low right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Party Bus View Post
    The water is back up to nomal now as of today.
    Really? That's good... Never mind Kevin.. Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    Seriously fuck a duck

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    They let me in at the marina last weekend, but said the limit was 28'.... My trailer dropped off the ramp launching.. It's pretty low right now.

That is why I asked. I have gone down there early in the season and they have turned me away saying 28' max.

Quote Originally Posted by 28eliminator View Post
    Really? That's good... Never mind Kevin.. Lol!!