Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Candice didn't like the k boat pic i posted so here is her pic she liked.. Lol But anyone that hasn't seen a k boat race the thunder is unreal on the start.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WMC
    Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    Candice didn't like the k boat pic i posted so here is her pic she liked.. Lol But anyone that hasn't seen a k boat race the thunder is unreal on the start.
    This is a great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendi View Post
    So from my understanding its all about the size of the engine which determines the class of boat is that accurate?
    It's a little more complex than that, and a little more technical. The easiest way for you to appear to be "in the know" is to read the numbers on the side of the boat, and then make a comment like "The Superstocks are getting ready to run!" if all the boats have the "SS" on the side. Only one that will trip you up is Pro Stock since the SS boats are legal to run in PS, but not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by obnoxious001 View Post
    It's a little more complex than that, and a little more technical. The easiest way for you to appear to be "in the know" is to read the numbers on the side of the boat, and then make a comment like "The Superstocks are getting ready to run!" if all the boats have the "SS" on the side. Only one that will trip you up is Pro Stock since the SS boats are legal to run in PS, but not the other way around.

that is a very good pic

Quote Originally Posted by ELCHINGONROGERS View Post
    that is a very good pic
    That was from Rankin Racing,, I assume a Go Pro mounted on their boat at Burley

Here is an SS.

Name:  Saturday (900).jpg
Views: 109
Size:  87.5 KB

This picture is cropped way down, so it isn't the best image quality.

Name:  Sunday (125).jpg
Views: 144
Size:  77.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by papaletch4130 View Post
    In pic order

ss
    ps
    Gn
    K
    That K looks a bit familiar! My sons had a hand in that one.

http://www.wannaberacing.com/ps39.html
    The best things in life aren't things!

Lot's of good info in here

One other thing to clarify is that PS=pro stock, SS=super stock, and K boat are all the same hulls and manufacturers. A flatbottom design of typically 18' in length. They use the same hardware and all run 5 mile races. (usually four laps) The flatbottom boats usually start their race while running, they pair up for a flag start. The GN=Grand Nationals run an endurance race that usually start from the beach on a timed countdown. This comes after a few laps of warming up in seeming chaos. They run about five times as long of a race as the flats do. They have a v-bottom design and usually run around 19-21 feet long.